Chapter 6

The next morning, Elena felt horrible. She had barely gotten any sleep, just like the first night she slept in an unfamiliar place. She scanned the clock and saw that she still had an hour until she had to be at school. Noticing that Molly was still asleep, Elena decided to take a shower. She moped over to the bathroom.

Elena lazily twisted the water on and cold water came shooting out at her. She shrieked at the rude awakening, shielding her nude body with the shower curtain. She quickly twisted the knob to the warm setting, and smiled in relief.

She stood in the shower for the longest time, contemplating life, before pounding erupted on the door.

"Hurry up in there!" Molly exclaimed from the other side of the door. "I need to pee!"

Elena obeyed and turned the water off. She grabbed a towel and secured it around her body. She opened the door and Molly stood there, pinching her legs together.

Elena jumped out of the bathroom and Molly raced past her, quickly closing the door. Elena could hear Molly's sighs of relief as the urine emptied into the toilet water.

The door swung open and Molly came out, walking casually. "Much better," she smiled.

Elena chuckled. "Is it just me or do you act more like a boy than Dillon?"

"Sometimes I can be a tomboy," Molly shrugged. "I have 3 brothers, so can you blame me?"

"Ouch," Elena said. "I'm an only child. It's nice."

"I bet," Molly replied.

Elena looked down and noticed she was still standing there in her towel, drenching the carpet with water.

"I'm gonna go change now..." Elena said awkwardly, and grabbed clothes so she could change in the bathroom.

"Good idea," Molly told her with a smile, rolling her eyes.

After Elena was changed, she felt fresh. Like a new her. She gathered up her things and brought her sketch pad and art supplies this time. "So ready," she smiled proudly.

Molly laughed, already in her school clothes as well. "I'm glad you're so happy about art club. Maybe that should be a required class for all the newbies? It's seems to have taken all of your nerves away."

"Nah, it's just because I love art so much," Elena beamed.

And so they traveled to school, meeting up with Dillon like they did yesterday. As soon as Elena stepped into the school, she felt someone watching her. Her blood turned ice cold in fear.

"You okay?" Molly asked her.

Elena turned her head towards her. "U-uh yeah. Just a little cold that's all."

They proceeded further into the school, and Elena kept getting the feeling that someone was watching her. She needed to get away.

"Hey guys," Elena said to Molly and Dillon. "I'm gonna go check out the bulletin board real fast."

"Okay," Molly replied slowly, looking to Dillon.

Elena briskly walked down the hallway and rounded a corner. She leaned against a locker, catching her breath. She was startled when someone suddenly spoke to her.

Elena peered to her left and saw a Popular standing there, her eyebrow raised. "WHAT do you think you're doing," the Popular exclaimed, her voice in a tone of disgust.

Elena stood up straight and scratched the back of her head, laughing nervously. "Oh, nothing. Hanging around. Hehe."

"Well can you HANG around on someone else's locker, BLOODY IDIOT!" the girl yelled at her in anger.