o n e

LEGOLAS

The Ring had been destroyed. Sauron has been defeated once more. Aragorn had been crowned king of Gondor.

It was time for me to go home.

It had been a long time since I had gone back to Mirkwood. Now that the darkness has passed and all is well in Middle Earth, a reunion with my father would have been the best idea that had come to my mind. After all, I wouldn't have known these new friends if it wasn't for him, would I?

After bidding farewell to the new king of Gondor and to Arwen, His Lady, I have packed my things and prepared for my journey back to the Woodland Realm.

"Laddie, you are most welcome in our kingdom, never forget to visit," Gimli was the first to know of my departure back to my homeland.

"Of course, my friend, I would have loved to meet your people," I said, "but for now, I must see mine. Farewell."

On the third day of my travel, the moon had been quite different. It held much more stronger power. Light or dark- I couldn't distinguish between the two. As my companions made camp, it illuminated most of our way with strong whispers coming from the wind, as if it was convincing me, pushing me to move. The forest had been quiet and the wind was fresh, so why should I not follow? The wind must be trying to tell me something, and I have to know what it meant.

With one simple nod towards Erudel, a Royal Guard, I disappeared into the forest, and followed the winds.

I let my feet take me to where the winds have wanted me to go, following every blow. I remember I have forgotten my horse and most of my things in the makeshift camp, but it doesn't matter, because I'm sure I'll make it back.

Except I was wrong.

As soon as I found my way on a clearing, strong gusts of winds followed, except this time it was pulling me. It was too strong, too powerful even for a grown elf like me, and the next thing I know I was being sucked into a tunnel made from wind, and everything was turning and then it all went black.

There was a loud thud, and then there was pain throbbing from my head. I groaned, my hand running through the fields of grass that I have landed on. Sharpening my thoughts, I stood up from where I was lying and indulged my current environment. I scanned the clearing - seeing a bright day ahead of me, the sun shining so brightly. Looking around, I saw trees not as high like the Woodland Realm, but decent enough to cast shades on. Meters of these trees stood before me, and yet I cannot feel this forest's warmth. Was I at Fangorn? Certainly not. I cannot hear any whispers from these trees, except - a child's laugh. Horns blowing. Voices speaking all at once. Glasses shattering?

I inhaled deeply, expecting to smell the dampening of the soil, the musky scent of the woods, but instead, a suffocating smell filled my lungs. What is this? Smoke? Certainly not from a nearby fire. Almost like... dirt? This smell can be dangerous. Poisonous, even.

Where exactly am I?

Certainly not in a land of orcs. No, this place was too bright, yet too crowded. I can hear everything happening at once. I knew I must get to the end of this forest - quick. I started running, ignoring the throbbing pain in my head. Every step I took the noise just keeps getting louder and louder. I must be close.

When I reached its end, I was baffled with the view that I had seen. I was right, orcs do not come here. But this was no village, no realm I had seen. There was quite a number of mortals sprawled on the grass, enjoying the sun's warmth with their families. A lot of children had been running, following what seems to be are soft bubbles, some even holding a flying ball tied on a string. And their clothes! There are some who had more skin exposed than what is known to be normal. It was quite a scene. I cannot distinguish where I am, or even who these men are. This place was not written in any of the books in Mirkwood. Perhaps Rivendell had heard of such realm...