f i v e

NINA

"So what are we going to do today?" Dad asked us the next morning. We were eating cereals for breakfast (because it is probably the safest breakfast we can eat - given that we temporarily have a vegetarian in the house) and Legolas and I looked up to him simultaneously who already has an eyebrow raised, his head resting on a propped up hand and a smirk playing on his face.

I grinned, an idea roaming on my head. "We could tour Legolas around the city!" I turned to the blond elf beside me who had a grateful smile on his lips, his eyes expressing so much warmth.

"And we could go around inviting our friends for the party." Dad added, nodding.

Since school has been suspended, I have my father for the next four days. Not to mention a welcomed guest will be joining us and will be here on his birthday.

"Go and get ready, I'll deal with the dishes," Dad ordered, gathering our bowls. Legolas finished his final gulp of coffee before him, completely intoxicated by the aroma.

"This drink would be my undoing," he murmured, licking his lips. Dad and I chuckled.

I directed Legolas upstairs, leading him to my room, which was located directly from the room he had slept on. I let my eyes linger at the door in front of me for a moment, remembering the nights I used to sneak inside, especially if sleep won't visit me. It had been months before I get to sleep in my room again.

"You can use my bathroom, I'll go get you some fresh clothes," I told Legolas, who nodded, smiling, and then disappeared inside my room. Meanwhile I entered the room only to be greeted by a neatly made bed and a gust of wind coming from the widely opened window. Fall had came, and I smiled to myself, thinking how much I love it.

Remembering what I came for, I quickly rummaged through the old clothes inside one of the cabinets, grabbing the closest piece of clothing that would suffice in the current weather. I picked a brown pullover, a pair of black jogger pants, undershorts and socks. I tried my best to push behind my mind the hidden thoughts of these clothes, I really did. Somehow it felt easier, unlike before. That is a good sign, is it not?

Gathering my senses, I gave Legolas the clothes I have picked for him and proceeded to picking out my own. The thought of sweaters felt nice to me, so I grabbed my favorite one, a maroon oversized sweater and a pair of jogger pants, matching with Legolas.

After a few moments, he emerged from the bathroom, his hair all wet but still looked well brushed, but what completely surprised me was the way he looked. The way the pullover fitted him suddenly felt like it was his all along; even the pants fit him perfectly. Why do they have to be so alike?

"Are you fine, Nina?" I looked up and saw his eyes gazing over me with worry.

I forced a smile, aware of how faked it must've looked. "Yeah, I'm just dying for a bath, that's all."

He nodded, and somehow I knew he felt it - that I was keeping something, and I wasn't ready to talk about it. "Okay. Would you like me to give you privacy?"

I shook my head. "No, it's okay. Just stay, make yourself at home in my room." He smiled once again, and sat at the office chair, drying his hair.

I took a bath as fast as I could, and made sure my sad thoughts had washed away as well. As I was drying my hair, my chosen clothes clinging to my body, providing sufficient warmth, my curiosity on Legolas' hair led me to an idea.

"Hey Legolas?" I called out, and he suddenly looked up from the book he was reading, one that he got from my messy bookshelf.

"Yes?"