n i n e

LEGOLAS

I opened my eyes and saw my chamber in the Woodland Realm before me. I breathed in the forest scent that had found its way up here in the corners of my room, filling it with warmth and glow. I realized that finally, I am back home.

Not long after I heard a sigh of relief, and saw the white wizard himself smiling to my left.

"Mithrandir.." i started to say, anxious to get up from the soft covers of my bed but felt a searing pain in my head, causing me to wince.

"Careful, Legolas. Travelling between realms is quite tiring, even for a strong elf like you," he said with a smile. So it wasn't a dream, then? I did met her?

I proceeded to lying down, waiting for the pain to go away. Questions filled my head.

"How did it happen? How did I came back?" I asked him.

He stood up, pacing around my room, my eyes followed him as he goes. Mithrandir huffed, catching his breath. I started to worry. Was it so hard to bring me back that it made the white wizard so tired?

"I have to be honest, my dear Legolas. It wasn't easy for me to find you. It took me days to find the portal you used to travel and to open it back up to bring you back home. But, eventually, with the help of the Lady Lorien, I found it and here you are. We strongly suggest that you refrain from travelling for awhile," he explained smiling, his hand resting on the top of his staff. "You've been gone for quite awhile, my prince. Moons have passed before we have reached you." He reached for the door. "Rest, Legolas. Your father was worried about you, and of course he's got questions he believes you have answers to."

If only he knew what I saw in that realm. He would've wanted to see it for himself.

I smiled at the thought. I cannot wait to tell him about Nina, and her father. But for now, I first let sleep come to me and embraced it with all of my own.

•••

I woke up and felt my own strength come back. I glanced around my room and saw that I was alone, but a platter of good food just right beside my bed. It's a new morning, and a great one at that. I cannot deny the fact that I do miss the city of earth, where everything was innovative and noisy, humans driving their silly cars and buying their cups of coffee. But this? The warmth of Woodland Realm was something more.

I ate my breakfast with haste, eager to tell of my father the adventures that I had with Nina. I quickly took a bath that was made for me. I changed into a much more suitable clothes than this nightgown that they made me wore. Feeling my own clothes against my body once again brought feelings surging towards me.

At the corner of my eye, however, was the shirt and the pants that Nina gave me to wear, neatly folded at the arm chair right before my bed. I suddenly missed her, and her giggles that can fit a whole room. Father would've loved to meet her. If only...

Nevermind. I know I have a great day ahead of me.

Remembering the photo she gave, I took it from the pocket of the pants. With a sigh, I went for the door and started walking towards the throne room where I am sure my father awaits for my return.

"Prince Legolas," I heard a female voice called my name. The auburn haired beauty stepped away from the shadows and showed herself, carrying with her the bravery and toughness of a true captain of the guard. I smiled, delighted by her presence, but mostly, she remembered me of Tiffany back at earth with her mate, Killian.

"Tauriel, I am glad you're back, and got back your place in the Royal Guard, I presume?" I asked. She moved closer, smiling.

"As do I," she waited for a moment, then without hesitation, she enveloped me in a warm hug. I can hear her quietly sobbing in my arms. "You made us all worried, did you know that? The king almost lost his mind looking for you and asking for help, and I knew I had to get back just to see you and look for you, you little-"