Chapter 2

Envy's POV

I was sure she was asleep, so I got up I was about to get up and leave, when she grabbed my hand.

"Tch. Humans." I stayed where I was and watched her sleep. Tch. So annoying. I slipped my hand out of hers and walked towards the door.

"Envy." (Y/n) said in her sleep. My heart skipped a beat and I timidly turned around. I expected to see her awake and staring at me, but she was still sleeping, her breathing even. Idiot! Why were you so nervous? I walked out of her room and down the hall, muttering to myself. Then I heard a shriek come from (y/n)'s room.

Your POV

I woke up from a nightmare, screaming. Envy burst into my room and saw the tears leaving rivers down my face.

"What's wrong?" When I didn't answer, he muttered something and walked towards me. I cried more and hugged my knees to my chest, laying my head down on them.

"Tch. Was it a nightmare?" I nodded and he said something I'd never expect him to say. "Tell me about it. It might help." I looked at him surprised.

"Really? That's not like you."

"You don't have to. I was just trying to help."

Envy's POV

I turned around and began to walk towards the door, when I felt arms around my waist.

"Please, don't leave me." My face went a little pink and my heart slightly fluttered. Then her grip loosened and I could tell she had fallen asleep.

"Tch." I turned around, picked her up, and gently placed her on her bed. I noticed things I didn't before. Like, the way her hair falls slightly in her face, the perfect curve in her lips, how she looked at peace when she was sleeping. Dammit. Why do I feel this way? What is this?

~ Time Skip to morning~
Your POV

I woke up and saw Envy staring out the window, muttering to himself. He didn't leave. I yawned and stretched as Envy turned to look at me.

"Tch. Finally. Ever heard the expression, "the early bird gets the worm"? Do you require food?"

"No, I'm fine. Yes, I have heard the expression. I just don't pay to much attention to it. So, what are we doing today?"

"You are going to stay here, out of trouble, and I have work to do."

"Awwwwwwww. Envy, let me come with you."

"No."

"Please?" I got up, walked over to him, gave him the puppy dog eyes, and smiled.

"Tch. That doesn't work on me." I knew he was only half lying. I got slightly closer to him and tried again.

"Please? I don't wanna be locked up in a room all day with nothing to do." His breathing unevened slightly.

"Tch. No." He tried to back away, but I followed him.

"Please? I promise I'll stay out of the way. Pretty please with a cherry on top?" I saw his eyes waver, but only slightly, and he clenched his fists.

"Any other human would be glad to be left alone, rather than follow a monster around."

"But, you're not a monster, Envy. You're you. The tough guy with a soft inside and a cute personality. That's what counts."

"Tch. You're different than most humans. Fine, you can come."

"Yes!" I grabbed my bag, slung it over my shoulder so it rested at my side, and followed Envy.

Envy's POV