Chapter 4

Your POV

I stretched and followed "Andrew", aka Envy, through the dusty, abandoned streets of some small town I don't know the name of. I noticed only a few lights on in every tenth house.

"Envy, what is this place?"

"Midnight Town. Population- 127."

"Oh." We continued walking when, Envy stopped at a particularly dark alley. He wasted no time in walking down it to a ladder. I followed cautiously.

"This building is really tall."

"Yep."

"Why are we going up here?"

"Bait."

"Ummmmmmm. Okay?" Not only was I confused, I was terrified of heights. There was a railing around the roof, which made me feel a little better, only slightly though. Envy stared down at the city looking for something.

"How long are we going to be up here?"

"As long as it takes."

"What are we waiting for?"

"Tch. The Fullmetal pipsqueak."

"The short, blond kid?"

"That's the one."

"Why are we waiting for him?" I sounded as disgusted as I felt.

"I told you, bait."

I sighed. "Fine, okay."

~Three hours later~

I was bored, so one sat down behind Envy and started playing with his hair.

"Tch." He sounded annoyed, but he didn't stop me.

Envy's POV

Grrrrrr. I shouldn't be letting her do this. Lust will get mad at me and tell Father. Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! I couldn't suppress the small moan that escaped my lips. I heard her quietly giggle. Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! It became a mantra to me as I leaned on my arm and turned to face her. I came closer and closer to her and saw her blush. Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! I was about six inches away from her when an annoying brat spoke up.

"Hey! Envy!"

Edward's POV

I watched Envy for about two hours, trying to decide if he was up to something. The girl, apparently bored, started playing with his hair. I continued to watch and was really confused. Humonculi aren't supposed to feel emotion. Wait. Is he,.......is he going to kiss her?!?!

"Hey, Envy!" I shouted. No way am I letting him trick her anymore.

Your POV

I stood up with Envy, a blush still on my cheeks.

"It's about time, pipsqueak." Envy taunted.

"You should stop calling me pipsqueak. It puts me in a really bad mood." He changed his automail arm into a blade.

Is he crazy? If he comes up here he'll be in big trouble. That idiot!

He clapped his hands and made a giant stone pillar that rose up and brought him up to our roof. He and Envy started fighting. What was the point of this again?

"Envy, what was the point to this?"

"Tch. I already told you."

"Bait, wasn't a very good answer." Envy continued to dodge the short kid's attacks. He didn't answer me and instead concentrated on the fight.

"Hey. Why are you with him?" The blond, shortie asked me in a confused tone.

"Because, he's my friend. The only one that's bothered to stay around for more than two days. What's your name?" Envy growled and I could tell he didn't like me talking to him.

"I'm Edward Elric, the Fullmetal Alchemist." They didn't stop fighting, but continued to talk.

"A military dog. Well, at least I can stop referring to you as the short kid."

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING AN ULTRA-HYPER SHORT KID?!?!"

"I didn't say that." Their fighting came closer to me and I took several quick steps back. However, they were to quick and I hit the low railing too fast.

"Envy!" I screamed as I fell. The world seemed to slow down. I hated falling. This unbearable pain in my chest signifies how terrified I am. I watched in slow motion as Envy screamed idiot and jumped off the building. I squeezed my eyes shut and two seconds later felt an arm around my waist. I was suspended in mid-sized and flung my arms around Envy.

"Sorry! Sorry! I wasn't paying attention."

"Idiot! Don't apologize to me. It's your life." I clung to him as he climbed down the building. Edward met us on the ground. I assume to finish the fight.

"Hey, you!" Edward said, pointing at me. "Why don't you come with me? It has to be better than going with that monster."

Envy's POV

This is it. She's going to leave. I knew I shouldn't have expected her to stay. I turned around and began walking away. I heard her say something I couldn't hear and then footsteps rapidly running towards me. I turned my head a little and saw her running to catch up. She... chose to stay?

"Wait! Dummy, where do you think you're going without me? I told you I'd stay. Besides, I wouldn't leave the only friend that puts up with me."

My chest twitched and I grew annoyed. What the hell, is this feeling?