Meet Ghostface

Lindsey sat on the reclining chair next to Mark and sighed loudly. He paused his video game and turned to her.

"What is it?" he asked. She rolled her eyes at him.

"When I asked you to keep me company while my parents were gone, I didn't think you'd take that as an invitation to rape my flatscreen with Call of Duty," She said. Her parents and siblings had gone on a cruise for a week and left her home alone because of her fear of boats. She'd asked her friend Mark to keep her company and he'd arrived yesterday, a few hours after they'd left. Lindsey was usually incredibly okay with staying home alone when she had to , but being lonely for a week didn't seem like much fun. So Mark convinced his parents that she needed his support, and here they were.

"It's not rape if the flatscreen likes it and oh baby, is it having a good time," He laughed. She grabbed a nearby pillow and tossed it at him.

"So, how's your girlfriend?" Lindsey sing-songed. Mark threw the pillow back at her.

"She's fantastic. of course, you knew that already," He said with an eye roll, "

"Ooh, yay. Let's talk about our feelings and then we can watch Titanic and bawl our eyes out," She squealed. He laughed.

"As long as you spill all the juicy details of your exciting life," He exclaimed.

"Oh, well-"Her response was cut off by her cell phone ringing. She picked it odd the coffee table.

"It's Carly," She announced, then answered. "Hello?"

"Hello Lindsey," The voice of Ghostface said.

"Carly that's awesome, is there really an app you can get? Fuck, sometimes I wish I had your phone," She said. Mark made a face.

"Carly and Dana are dead and I killed them. Don't believe me, come and see for yourself," Ghostface said, then hung up. Lindsey jumped out of her seat. Carly would never say something like that, she was too gentle. And she hated Scream.

"That wasn't Carly," She said, "We need to go to Dana's house. Now."

Mark listened to her, and soon they were on their way there. Lindsey described the situation and, even though he was sceptical, she had a bad feeling. When they got there they found the door left wide open, something Dana would never do. Lindsey grabbed Marks hand when he got scared and led him inside. There inside the living room were the bloody corpses of their friends, propped up and watching Scream. Lindsey bent over, feeling sick and anguished. Mark fell to the ground and let out sputtering noises. They both jumped when Lindsey's phone buzzed. It said Carly was calling her.

"Why?" She managed to say into the phone.

"It's for you Lindsey. It's the opening kill, the kickstart needed to start the events that lead to your death. I'm going to kill you. All in good time..."