The body count gets bigger

I finally got my writing groove back at 3 am last night after I finished my BRAND NEW TRAILER for this story. It's now attached to every chapter, and I really like it, so it would be awesome if you could check it out and comment on it. I'm probably going to put up a cast for this story, but I'm still debating. Please don't hate me after this chapter.

****************************************************************************************************************

“That is not mine,” Mark yelled, jumping back. Jessica fell against a table.

“My boyfriends a murderer,” She yelled in anguish. Everyone started talking at once and Mark looked right at Lindsey.

“You guys! Shut your mouths and think above a third grade level,” Lindsey yelled. Everybody stared at her.

“Do you think Mark is an idiot?” She asked.             

“Sometimes,” Jonah said.  Lindsey rolled her eyes.

“Why would he specifically tell me to look in that part of the bag, if he knew the knife was in there and we’d automatically assume he was the killer?” She asked. Everyone looked at each other except for Jonah who stared Lindsey down.

“He knew someone would come to this conclusion and it would move suspicion away from him,” Jonah said.

“Didn’t you say we had to keep trusting each other? We were all at the lunch table. Any of us could have stuck the knife in his bag and taken his phone,” She said.

“Without getting noticed?” Jonah asked.

“She’s right,” Eric said, “Anybody could’ve done it. We all see Mark throughout the day.”

“So what do we do now?” Jessica asked.

“We all act normal, stick together, and be on your guard,” Lindsey said. She looked to Jonah for reassurance.

“Fine,” He said. Lindsey grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

“Nobody splits up, okay? We split up, we die,” She said. Everyone stood in silence for a second until Jessica broke the tension.

“I’m hungry Mark, do you have any food?” Jessica asked. There were murmurs of agreement from around the room and everyone started towards the kitchen, Mark leaving Lindsey a grateful look

                                                            ***

“Didn’t I tell everyone not to split up?” He asked. Lindsey nodded.

“And they definitely did not listen,” She responded, turning up the TV. Lindsey and Jonah were sitting in the living room watching Candyman, but everybody else had scattered away. Nicky and Eric had gone to play pool in some other part of the house and Jessica and Mark went to his room to do… something. Officer Groff announced his hourly perimeter patrol and walked out the front door a couple minutes ago.

“Who doesn’t want to watch Tony Todd with a hook when their life is in danger? I mean, really,” He stated.

“Anybody who is sane,” Lindsey suggested. Jonah gave her a look of fake shock.

“Are you saying that we’re not sane people?” He asked. She laughed.

“You know, you’re less of an uncaring jerk when we’re alone. I’m not having sex with you. But you should act like this more often,” she rambled. Jonah tensed up.

“What?” He cried out.

“Well you wanted a night of booze and sex. And I’m not having sex with you; I’d loose my surviving chance. So you’re going to have to go elsewhere with your hormones,” she explained. He stared at her for a second and then laughed.

“I don’t want to deflower you tonight Linds. And I also don’t want to be with anybody else,” He said.

“Well that’s out of character,” She muttered, then pulled him into a kiss. Just then a female scream rang out through the house.

“It’s Jessica,” Jonah said, he and Lindsey jumping to their feet.

“They’re in Mark’s room,” She said, already on her way there. They ran up the stairs and didn’t slow down. Lindsey barged through the door and nearly fell to her feet when she saw what was behind it. There was Mark’s body with a stab wound in the shoulder and Jessica leaning over him covered in blood.

“Mark,” She yelled out with despair.

“What the fuck happened here?” Jonah yelled. Jessica looked up at them and her expression was one of pure fear.

“The balcony,” She sputtered out. Lindsey turned to see the balcony door wide open. “He came in through the balcony and Mark fended him off but he was stabbed. When I screamed he just left. Oh god, Mark’s going to live right? He just… passed out.”

“Wait, the killer just… left? Just like it was nothing?” Lindsey asked skeptically. Jonah shared her look of disbelief.

“You don’t believe me?” Jessica asked, tearing up.

“You’re story is a little far fetched,” Jonah offered.

“How could I have done this to him? How could you even think I’d do this to anyone?” She whimpered.

“Look, we just need to figure this out-“

Lindsey was interrupted by the familiar figure in almost gliding in through the balcony door. He grabbed Jessica and she tried to fight him. Lindsey started towards her, but Jonah held her back and pulled her towards the door. The killer pulled out the knife and stuck it into Jessica’s back, sliding it in easily. Jessica screamed in and fell limp at the killer’s feet.

When Ghostface looked at Lindsey she started to run, barely feeling her feet touch the ground. She feared tripping, but continued until she reached the bottom of the stairs where she stopped and ducked to the side of one stairwell. Jonah was on the other side and she signaled for him to help her.

Their silent communication worked and he joined hands with her from across the stairs. Ghostface rushed down and tripped on the trap they had created. While he was tumbling down the stairs Jonah made his way to the killer. He went to pull the mask off.

“Don’t do that, kick him in the balls,” Lindsey yelled furiously. Ghostface reached up and grabbed Jonah’s hands before he could do anything and pulled him to the ground. Lindsey rushed forward to help Jonah but Ghostface kicked her straight to the ground.

Jonah and Ghostface wrestled until Ghostface got the upper hand. Lindsey jumped to her feet but was too late. The killer took his knife and stuck it in Jonah’s heart with a violent force. Blood flowed from the wound and out of Jonah’s mouth. He met her eyes.

“No,” she cried. It should have made her sad, but instead fury burned inside of her she went after Ghostface with a cry of rage, but he pulled his knife from Jonah’s chest and fled through the front door.

“Fuck you,” Lindsey called after him, stopping and kneeling by Jonah’s body. She kissed his forehead and stood up with determination, not just to survive, but to kill the bastard who was doing this.