Wait, but isn't everybody a suspect?

"Hey, where's Sara?" Jonah asked. He shoved Lindsey's foot with his and she blushed slightly.

"I don't know, she was in sixth hour," Jessica said.

"Maybe she broke a rule," Jonah suggested. Lindsey's heart sunk a little.

"Don't say that," She said and turned away from her friends.

"You know I'm just kidding," Jonah said, spinning her around to face them again.

"Yeah, Sara's probably just skipping class with her criminal boyfriend again," Jessica suggested.

"I don't even want to know what they're doing," Jonah said.

"Breaking rules," Jessica laughed. After a minute of silence while they actually worked on the assignment given by the teacher, Lindsey decided to voice what had been bothering her.

"That person, the person who called me from Carly's phone, said that it was all for me. That everything that happened was leading to my death," She said. The playfulness they'd had, disappeared. Jonah and Jessica looked concerned but Lindsey continued before they could say anything.

"I've always made a point of not making enemies. I didn't think anyone hated me... My parents aren't anyone special. I don't understand, why me?"

"Maybe this person really is trying to go for the slasher structure," Jonah said. Jessica looked puzzled.

"Well if you think about it we're the perfect group of friends for it and Lindsey is the perfect final girl. She's virginal, smart, dresses modestly, and her name could belong to either gender," He explained. Lindsey glared at him.

"Well nice to know my personality is the reason my friends are being killed. And how do you know I'm a virgin?" She asked

"Common knowledge," He stated simply.

"Wait, what am I then?" Jessica asked, ignoring the exchange.

"Oh you're the blond with bit jugs. Dead girl walking," He wiggled his eyebrows. Lindsey snorted.

"Well you're the jerkass everyone wants to die. You're just as doomed as she is," She said.

"Well played Thompson," He said.

"What about the others?" Jessica prodded with curiosity written on her face. Lindsey and Jonah shared a look.

"Well Sara's the partier. She drinks, smokes weed, has sex. Does all the things you're not supposed to do in a horror movie situation," Lindsey said with concern.

"Yeah and Eric is the creep that no one's really friends with. He has suspect written in big letters across his forehead," Jonah explained. Jessica's eyebrows creased.

"Suspect?" She asked. Jonah sighed.

"If the killer is trying to follow the pattern of Scream, they should be someone close to me. That way the big reveal is a definite surprise," Lindsey said.

"You killed my father," Jonah shouted. Some heads in the room turned in surprise.

"Shut up, I am your father," Lindsey said, "But there aren't any real suspects yet. It doesn't seem like any red herrings have been established. In fact, me and Mark have solidly proved our innocence."

"Hey, neither of you is free of suspicion. You could've committed the murders then covered it up and called the cops. Plus, there may be, and most likely is, two killers," Jonah pointed out.

"We need to tell everyone else this, so they're prepared," Jessica said. Lindsey nodded, but Jonah looked annoyed.

"But then everyone will start distrusting each other and we need to stick together," Jonah said.

"That is true. If we split up we're easier to pick off," Lindsey agreed.

"Well I'm at least telling Mark," She said, "And Eric, and Sara, and Nicky..."

"Nicky doesn't have to deal with any of this Jessica, her mom's keeping her at home until the murderer is found" Lindsey said.

"But she would sure add to the body count nicely," Jonah sighed

"Do you have any feelings?" Jessica exclaimed, "I mean, really."

Lindsey laughed and tried to join in the following conversation about how Jonah kills puppies for fun, but was distracted by a something black whipping past the classroom door. She glanced at the teacher before getting up to go investigate.

"Whoa there Linds, where are you going?" Jessica asked, grabbing her arm. Lindsey shook her off, shushed her, and walked out of the classroom. Once she'd made it out successfully, she headed the same way the figure went. She knew it was over-the-top stupid of her to investigate, but something in the back of her head was nagging her on. There were a few students in the hallways, but Ghostface didn't seem to be taking a stroll among them.

Deciding not to waste the trip, she headed to the bathroom. Washing her hands off, she looked in the mirror. A movement from under one the stalls caught her eye. Lindsey turned around to investigate, and the door burst open. She instinctively fled to the door, but was pulled back by Ghostface. Her back slammed against the cold floor and she thrashed around a bit. Ghostface pushed her down, but she freed her hand and went straight to take his mask off.

Ghostface got off of her and fled the bathroom quickly. Lindsey laid on the floor for a few seconds trying to slow her heartbeat. She got up carefully, making sure nothing was seriously injured. The only part of her in pain was her arm, and that was only a little sore. She looked cautiously around the bathroom before fleeing it and heading straight to the main office.