This does nothing for the genre. Trust me.

"Hey bitch," She said flippantly. Lindsey looked at the gun and fumbled toward it. Jessica was a little more graceful, and managed to make it there the same time as her. As Lindsey put her hand on the gun Jessica stomped on her wrist and a sickening crack rang through the room. Jessica scowled as Lindsey cried out in pain.

“You can’t try to kill me yet, you need to hear my motive,” She yelled with pure anger. She kicked the gun towards the front door and Lindsey cradled her wrist in her uninjured arm. Jessica grabbed Lindsey’s arm and dragged her towards the kitchen. She pushed her into the counter and Lindsey winced as her back hit the hard material.

“You know, Eric didn’t do his job right. I told him that he had to let you run and then I would make my grand entrance in the costume. But no, he actually let you be the capable heroine and fight back. How fucking stupid is he?” She ranted, “Oh well, he paid for his mistakes.”

“You let me kill your partner,” Lindsey said. Then everything made sense. “You two came here together. You tag teamed the call and brought Sara’s body over, probably hiding it somewhere. And Mark gave you a ride home today, so you could have easily slipped the knife in his bag and taken his phone.”

“And if it weren’t for you meddling kids… well it still would’ve worked perfectly. Tell me Lindsey, why wasn’t I ever a suspect? Is it because we were gal pals? Or because I put on a perfect performance as the ditzy bitch you can label a “dead girl walking”?” She asked. Lindsey leaned her head against the side of the counter.

“Maybe because you never came across as fucking psychotic Jessica,” She said wearily. Jessica’s face flushed and she kicked Lindsey in the stomach. Lindsey felt the air go out of her lungs for a second.

“I’m not a psycho,” Jessica screamed, looking like a two year old having a hissy fit.

“Then why’d you do it? Why team up with Eric and kill all of your friends? The only fitting reason is that you’re absolutely out of your mind,” Lindsey snapped. Jessica looked at her with hurt.

“Because of you Lindsey Thompson. Do you know what my life is like? Every night I listen to my parents argue when my mom comes home drunk. You’re parents are happily married, aren’t they?  Every day at school I have to listen to Mark tell me stories about you. Every day in first hour Dana and Carly talk about the plans they made with you, that you never bothered inviting me to. I’m sick of having to watch your perfect little life. You and your little virgin image pushed me to the edge and now you’re paying for it,” She said. Lindsey stared at her in confusion.

“How does this relate to any of that?” I mean, besides for the whole killing me part,” Lindsey asked. Jessica rolled her eyes.

“First I make you suffer while you watch your friends die, then I end your life. Then I become a survivor, my parents realize how important I am to them, and people at school feel so bad that they’re lining up to be my friend. It’s a full proof plan darling,” She smiled.

“Except for the part where you’ll never get away with it,” Lindsey scowled.

“Oh, I think you’re wrong. You see, I may have been caught before when Eric was alive but by killing him you ensured me to come out of this totally innocent,” She explained, pacing back and forth, but keeping the knife pointed towards Lindsey. “Our original plan was to frame you. You were the horror buff that went nuts and Mark was you’re accomplice. But it seems so much more likely that Eric did all of this, so I’ll just leave my poor ex boyfriend out of this.”

“You’re doing loads for the genre, you know,” Lindsey snapped. Her eyes kept drifting to the hallway behind Jessica, where both guns were positioned for the taking.

“Being a female slasher killer? Nah, it’s been done before. Urban Legend, Happy Birthday To Me, Friday the 13th, two out of four Scream movies…”

“I was being sarcastic, and that’s not what I meant at all. You are a copier, who can’t think of your own original ideas. You think if you make a Scream set up it’ll help you cope with the aftermath. You’ll just keep telling yourself it’s just a movie, but it’s not. You murdered your friends and that’s it,” Lindsey stated. Jessica pulled at the hair on her head and shook it.

“You can’t trick me into anything Lindsey. You’re just as bad as me,” She said. As she was looking away Lindsey scooted across the room slowly.

“You enjoyed this. This was your sick fucking fantasy. How else would you explain your stupid actions? The fact that you didn’t tell anyone about the two phone calls, or tell the police that things were going down tonight. Or hell, get the calls to your phone traced. It’s plain and simple, some part of you has always wanted this,” Jessica taunted. Lindsey was near the door now, but needed to have the last word. Jessica didn’t deserve it.

“I let things go down tonight Jess, because I knew what the outcome would be. It’s the same in every goddamn movie. I knew I’d get to find the killer and get the pleasure of sticking a bullet in their brain,” Lindsey said, and started to run towards the guns. Jessica let out a scream of insanity and chased after her, grabbing the collar of her shirt and pulling her backwards. Lindsey flung her uninjured arm out and grabbed at Jessica’s throat. She was pushed backwards again by Jessica, but kicked her off.

They both dove for the nearest gun, Jessica tugging at Lindsey’s hair and Lindsay blindly kicking in Jessica’s direction. Jessica ended up overpowering Lindsay and grabbing the gun. Lindsay jumped up to fight again and had the gun pointed straight towards her. She ignored it, determined to take down Jessica. Just as she was about to lunge at her again a gun shot rang out through the house.

At first she looked at herself, wondering if she’d been shot, but she saw Jessica fall against the wall behind her. A trail of blood came from the side of her head. Lindsay looked the direction the shot had come from and saw Mark standing there, bloody shoulder wound bleeding freely.

“Big damn hero,” Lindsay commented. Mark looked at her and fell against the banister of the stairs. She ran to him and helped him lie down against the stairs. She put his head on her lap.

“I’m a virgin,” He mumbled.

“I guess I can’t really be labeled a final girl. You survived,” She said. He put his hand on hers.

“Are they going to come back to life?” He asked. Lindsey peeked at Jessica’s and Eric’s bodies, both similarly messy.

“No,” Lindsey said confidently, “This isn’t their movie anymore.”

**************************************************************************************************************

One more chapter guys, and then this is all over! That's kind of sad. Comment if you want a sequel, if you like the outcome of the killers, or if you just feel like making my day. Because it would.