When you break a rule...

"Can I go to the stage to get my notebook? I left it there last hour," Sara asked her seventh period teacher. Her teacher signed a pass and waved her off. She was almost out the door when the teacher called her name.

"What?" She groaned. A few of her classmates snickered.

"If you decide not to come back again, I'd recommend you take all of your belongings with you," The teacher said. Sara scowled.

"I'll be right back," She said, and then muttered under her breath, "Nasty old bastard."

She walked down the deserted hallways, her heels clicking. The school was white like a hospital and especially dull that day. She ignored the eeriness and opened the door to backstage. Only the blue safety lights were on, so she had to be careful searching for her notebook. While she was looking the lights flicked off and she was in complete darkness for a second.

"What the fuck?" She said to herself. When they came back on she made a break for the door, more scared than she was used to being. Just as she was almost there the lights went out again and the door shut. Thrust into utter darkness, she let out a cry.

She stood still for a second, just listening to her surroundings. Her body was trembling in terror.

"Hello?" She called into the darkness. She tried to tell herself it was just a glitch, that maybe the stage crew had screwed something up again. But considering that two of her friends were murdered that weekend, her paranoia had more fuel to supply its take over.

There was a noise from the direction of the door and she instinctively stepped away from it. More noises came and she realized they were footsteps.

"Who's there?" She shouted. In response the footsteps became faster. She stepped backwards faster, trying to get away. She couldn't see anything so she turned around and tried to feel where she was going. Her entire body felt static and adreniline pumped through her. Suddenly she tripped over something on the ground and fell on her face. She started to get up but fell back into the curtains.

The footsteps were so close now, she could feel the presence of the person next to her. Sara started to stand again, but the person reached out and grabbed her. The sleeves of the persons shirt brushed her face when they grabbed her hair. Her attacker covered her mouth with a gloved hand to muffle her scream. The world around her seemed to freeze. She knew something had happened to her but she couldn't feel anything, not even the hand pulling her hair. But then she was dropped and she could feel the ground.

Once she felt the ground, she could feel a throbbing in her back. The throbbing turned to pain, a pain she could've never imagined. Her instincts kicked in and she realized she needed to get away. She couldn't even try to stand, so she grabbed the nearby curtain and started to drag herself across the ground. She pull herself across the dirty floor as quickly as she could but the footsteps were close behind her.

Her entire body was shaking and sounds seemed like they were coming from a distance. She thought she was sobbing, but everything was so muddled. There was a tugging sensation on her head and she lost the will to fight. The last feeling she had was a knife sliding into her two more times, and then there was nothing.