PWS Chapter 4

Ariel's P.O.V.

It's 12pm and they are just finishing Domo's makeup and hair. Ughhhh, the suspense was killing me. Not only am I worried about prom, but also the pre-prom party. I mean everyone is coming, including everyone at our church. This is fine with me except for Carl Hawkhouser.

Carl has liked me ever since I met him in 7th grade. He's in the same grade as me and he was very nice at first so I was very nice to him. But soon he started following me around like my own personal stalker, not leaving me alone. Shane then started being all protective over me. But somehow Carl got the wrong idea and thought Shane was trying to steal me away from him. Which is not all bad, in my opinion.

But no matter how much I say I do not like him, he never believes it! The one and ONLY reason Carl is coming to the party is because his aunt is bringing the food for the party. Well...he was going to come no matter if he had an invite or not but at least in this way he has a leeway.

But whenever Carl talks to me or even comes near me, Shane tenses up and comes closer to me. It's kind of cute actually. Thankfully, Carl doesn't come that's often to church. But when he does, it's the most awkward situation ever.

When it was about 2:00, Jules had just come out of the bathroom. Kylie, Domo, and Jules were wearing their robes, not putting on their dresses just yet. They all then looked at me with eagerness.

"Your turn." Domo smirked.

I groaned, "Why can't I just stay here and watch if Tyler is going to finally kiss Caroline?!" as I referred to the tv, gripping the remote and turning up the volume.

"Come onnnn Ari! We all had to go through it. Now it's your turn!" Kylie said pulling the remote from my shaking hands.

"I'll go up with you girly. Don't worry, our mothers won't bite..." Jules playfully said as she grabbed my hand.

"...hard! " Domo interrupted, " They won't bite hard!" she cackled.

Jules rolled her eyes and Kylie punched Domo in the arm. Jules then dragged me out of the leather couch and up the stairs to the bathroom.

The atmosphere was very sticky with all the hairspray hanging around and the limited amount of space we all had. The bathroom was filled with 3 moms and 2 teenagers. Someone was definitely sweating in that heat locker.

"Awww! Our last customer for the day!" Mrs. Green squealed. My mom just looked at me so proudly while Mrs. Hopkins started clapping.

"We'll do your hair first, then your mom will do your makeup." Mrs. Green continued.

"Ready..." Jules warned.

"Ready for wha-" I asked but before I finished my question, Mrs. Hopkins pushed me onto the chair and started combing my knotty hair.

"Aghhhh!" I squealed.

"For that..." Jules pointed out.

"Hold still honey, so Trisha can do your hair nicely!" my mom said sweetly.

"Yeah but why does auntie have to take my whole hair out" I ached.

"Beauty hurts my love, beauty is pain." Mrs. Hopkins said as she grabbed the curling iron and started with a strand of my hair.

I couldn't help but laugh at that remark. Indeed it does. Jules was right next to her, putting her hand on my shoulder, nodding in agreement.

With all the aches and pains my head endured for the first 3 minutes, I can't imagine the next hour. But I put on my brave face and let Auntie Trisha tear my hair out. It will be worth it...I hope.  

-------------------------------------------------- 

I hope y'all liked chapter 4. Let me know what you think of my story so far!

Vote

Comment