PWS Chapter 13

Ariel's P.O.V.

"Is that you Shanie Wanie?!!!"

Oh no, I knew that high pitched voice anywhere. Melissa Grey, Shane's ex-girlfriend. Ugh, the cheerleader Shane used to date. Their relationship lasted for two years but by the second year, Shane had enough of her snob like personality and fakeness and finally broke up with her. Well, in her point of view they just fell apart, but in reality Shane was fed up with her being self centered all the time. Don't get me wrong, she's a gorgeous girl, but she has no substance nor was she the brightest lightbulb of the bunch. And those are the words from Shane not me.

"Melissa...how are you?" Shane managed to mumble out as I felt him cringe at her voice.

"Awww, I'm doing well Shanie." she squeaked as she pushed me out of her way to give him a hug.

Ugh rude!

"Um, I'm not Shanie anymore..." Shane pointed out.

"Oh I know that but isn't it good to reminisce." she replied.

"Sure, I guess..." he waved her off and grabbed me by my waist as he headed towards the dance floor.

"Wait, hold up! Let me meet your date so you can meet mine! BLAKE! " she beckoned.

Oh no! Well what do you know? Melissa's so called date is the same Blake who flirted with me in the line. As soon as Melissa screeched his name, Shane tightened his grip on my waist and I could hear a small growl peep out of his mouth. He was so cute for that.

"Shane meet my date Blake. And Alli-

"It's Ariel" I interrupted. And as soon as I did, Melissa gave me soul deep glare. "If your gonna say my name, say it right." I added and smirked at her. Her mouth was open full of surprise, while Blake and Shane chuckled at my remark. Someone had to put her in her place.

"Right...Ariel, anyways, Blake this is..."

"Oh we've already met" Blake winked at me, "And Shane is on the football team with me." Blake replied.

"Your on the football team?!" Melissa squeaked.

Wow! Not the brightest of the lightbulbs like I said.

"Yea." Shane said as he grimaced at Blake. There was a lot of unneeded tension between the two football players so it was very awkward. But of course Melissa didn't notice.

"Well, why don't Blake and Ariel try to find us seats while me and Shane catch up!" she offered. But before any of us could disagree, she swiftly pushed Shane on the dance floor. Shane then mouthed the words,

"I'm sorry!" and I just smiled, letting him know it was ok. He then let Melissa babble on while he watched over me like a hawk as Blake followed me to our table.

"So there's extra seats at this table if you want?" I pointed to the seats across from me and sat down.

"Oh I do want." Blake smirked as he plopped down where Shane was sitting and scooted the chair closer to me so that our knees were touching.

I rolled my eyes in disgust. Ugh, he sickens me. Although he is very good looking, he's a jerk. Melissa and Blake are a great match together, if they wanted each other.

It was easy to see that Melissa was still head over heels for Shane. But all he did was keep an eye on me, which was so cute of him.

"Hey babe, how bout we just get outta here for just a bit . Our dates won't know that we were ever gone. We could slip into one of these limos and get to know each other a bit more?" Blake slyly said as he slid his hand up my thigh.

"Ugh get off of me!!!" I stood up straight and he followed me up. I then took the punch off the table and poured over his head. I could hear the nearby couples stare at our exact spot and laugh at Blake. I smirked. "Maybe you should slip on a new suit." I added. The nearby couples then laughed even more. And Shane and Melissa ran to us to see what was going on.

"What happened?" Melissa screeched as she looked disgustingly at Blake's suit.

"Nothing!" Blake and I both said as Blake glared at me and ran to the bathroom. I just giggled while Shane smirked at me. Ugh, he has to stop doing that!

"Now if you don't mind Melissa, I'm going to dance with my date." Shane said as he grabbed my hand, kissed it oh so softly, and finally led me on to the dance floor.

Melissa was just awestruck as she fled to find her date. I laughed.

When we got onto the dance floor "When I Was Your Man" was playing so all the guys were grabbing their dates waists and slowly rocked to the beat. Shane did the same.

His hands on my waist felt amazing. His touch was like fire. He then pushed me closer to him so there was no space between us. He smelled so wonderful I couldn't help but rest my head on his shoulder. As the song went on, I saw Kylie and Jack and Chase and Julia dance as well, while Domo and Adam were doing the chicken dance slowly to the beat. Ahh Domo and Adam and their silly ways.

"Finally, we're alone..." he whispered.

"You looked like you were having fun with Melissa clinging on to your chest swaying slowly back and forth" I laughed.

"It was a fast song Ari" he rolled his eyes.

"I know." I remarked and I laughed hysterically trying not to disturb the peace within the different couples. "She definitely still likes you..." and knowing that I'd regret asking this question, I asked,

"Do you still like her?" I peeped.

All this was said with my head on his shoulder. But then I felt Shane's warm hands move my head off his shoulder gently to face his dark brown eyes. I gulped. He was so handsome. I just couldn't bear it. His eyes just bored into my soul.

"Ari. I love you. I love you and you only. You're the only girl I want and you're the only girl I need-"

"With the exception of your mom and sisters?" I interrupted.

He then laughed and his dark brown eyes turned really warm for me.

"With the exception of my mom and sisters." he said. "Melissa and all the other girls in this school are not even on the same level as you. You're way more beautiful inside AND out. And I'm proud to have you in my arms. And I'm just lucky enough to be able to fall in love with you and you feel the same way." he warmly said.

I had no words at all. At that moment, I let my breath go, not knowing I was holding it. I couldn't believe what I just heard from my best friend's mouth. All the nervousness and anxiety left me just like my mom said. We both loved each other and nothing could ruin this magical night. All I could do was grin my cheesy grin. He knew how I felt and chuckled for it. He then slowly leaned so that our foreheads were touching.

"I can't believe it." I managed to say. Our breaths were intertwined at this point. And I could feel him shiver as I said that.

"Well believe it..." Shane whispered. No wonder he shivered. His breath felt amazing. And while we inched closer and closer...

"Good evening everyone!!! Is everyone having fun tonight!!"

Dang it!!