PWS Chapter 14

I am soooo sorry guys!! I haven't been on for months. I updated my phone and it deleted the app and I never re-downloaded. Anyways, I hope your still reading. Here is where Ariel and Shane left off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe it." I managed to say. Our breaths were intertwined at this point. And I could feel him shiver as I said that.

"Well believe it..." Shane whispered. No wonder he shivered. His breath felt amazing. And while we inched closer and closer...

"Good evening everyone!!! Is everyone having fun tonight?!" Mr. Heffernan boomed in the microphone.

The crowd of perfumed teenagers and soul sucking chaperones wooed and cheered.

"Alrighty then! It is now time to announce the prom king and queen! Everybody ready!?" he boomed again. He really didn't know that his voice was already loud enough. Shane then squeezed my head knowing how I jumped at Mr. Heffernan's voice, and I cuddled into his arms in response.

"Drum roll please!" Mr. Heffernan continued. And the beat of the drums were low and loud, just like his voice.

"The Prom King is.......Shane Green! Come on boy!"

Ahhhhhhh!! I squealed and I hugged him tightly and he hugged me back. He had cheesy smile on his face. I knew he hated these things. It degraded people's self esteem. But I think it's a part of high school.

Kylie, Chase, Adam, Jules, Jack, Domo, and I screamed so loud for him we overpowered the crowd that was cheering crazy for him.

Mr. Heffernan then put the crown on his cute little head.

"Now this year's Prom Queen is.......Melissa Grey!"

My heart dropped. I had totally forgotten that they were both nominated for Prom court since they were together then. Jules, Domo, Kylie, Chase, Adam, and Jack gave me all the "I'm so sorry" look. I hated that. I can take  it. It's just a dance they have to do together...in front of everyone.

I could see Melissa's gloating face when Mr. Heffernan put her tiara on her evil big head. Ugh. I could see Shane frigid in his face and he mouthed to me,

"I'm sorry"

Again with the sorry! I'm fine, I'm a big girl!

"It's time for you two lovers to take the floor!"

They're not lovers...

Shane then took Melissa's already stretched out hand and walked her down the stage and onto the floor. Then Melissa put her arms around his neck and pushed herself closer to his body.

The heat of my skin was intense as the song, "With You" came on. Really? That song. I just needed to calm down. I took a deep breath and stood alone in the crowd.

Then Jules came up to my side.

"Just go up there. Take your man" she smirked. I smirked right back and strode towards them.

Shane was mine and I had to take him from her. As I was reaching toward the couple, Melissa then took Shane's head and put her lips on his and started kissing him.

I couldn't breathe. I didn't know what to do! How could he? Melissa's a slut! I couldn't let anyone see me cry as I could feel the tears welling. I ran to where my purse was. All I could hear was Jules, Kylie, and Domo yelling my name but I didn't look back, my tears were already pouring down my face messing up my makeup. I didn't care.

Then all of a sudden Blake came out of nowhere. I didn't need this right now.

"I'm guessing you want to go in that limo now huh?" as he put his arm out for me to lean on. But I could see he was sincere in that moment. I wasn't thinking straight but I knew that he wasn't being a jerk about it. So my arm linked with his and we exited out of the gym, not letting anyone know where I was going.