Chapter Three

Since I was completely unaware that I would be in the ring today, I wasn't prepared. I had no workout gear whatsoever and really didn't want to go all the way back home just to get it. Thankfully, I ran into Nattie after talking to Paul and filled her in on my dilemma. She agreed to help me out after I dished all the news. Surprisingly, she was just as uncertain as he was, which made me unsure if this was a good idea...

          "I'm not saying that you can't pull it off, but it's just a bit risky, with his image and all. WWE must really need the help." I knew she only meant well, but I couldn't help but think about it. Being the stubborn woman that I am, I knew I was going to go through with it. I wanted to prove the haters wrong, Brock and I could do this, whether we got along or not, and now was my chance to impress him.

           After borrowing some clothes from Nattie, I quickly ran off to the bathroom to change. I threw on the Nike shorts and t-shirt, and threw my hair up into a ponytail. By the time I was finished, it was time to get to the ring and to my surprise, Brock was waiting for me. He stood in the ring with his workout gear on as I climbed in. I also noticed Heyman sitting at the announcer's table. He must want to see what I'm made of too. "At least, you're on time. I hate being late." Brock mutters to himself.

          Before he can say anything else, a woman came down the ramp and made her presence known. She had unbelievably fake red hair. "Paul said I needed to get some practice, so he asked me to help out." Her slim figure slid into the ring as she introduced herself. "I'm Eva."

          "DDT." Heyman yelled from ringside as Brock backed up into the corner.

          I knew they wanted to see how much I remembered and now, it was time for me to shine. Eva attempted to shake my hand, but instead, I slung her toward the ropes and carried out the move. "Hip toss." He continued yelling out names as I completed each flawlessly.

          After Heyman seemed out of moves, I stopped. "Proven myself, yet?"

          Brock answers. "Suplex."

          I smirked. "Gladly." I turned Eva around and clasped my hands around her waist. With one solid jump, I threw her as hard as I could to the opposite side of the ring. Considering she didn't move for a bit, I'd say I knocked the wind out of her.

          "F5." Heyman adds, walking toward the ring. I knew that was coming, so I picked Eva up, even though she continued to say that she'd had enough. Once I got her to my shoulders, I threw her up in the air, as she spun and landed on her face. By this time, I had noticed that Brock had exited the ring and now stood beside Heyman. They spoke quietly amongst each other as I rose to my feet and adjusted my clothing.

          The longer I waited for them to include me in the conversation, the more aggravated I got. Brock acted as if he owned the place and I was trying out to play on his team, it was ridiculous and I'd had enough. I walked over to the ropes and leaned against them. "Okay, enough. I can't believe I even went through with this... Paul has spoken, we are a tag team, and if you don't like it, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have to prove myself to you. I was around before you left, you know I have more than proved myself in this business. I'm not a rookie and you're treating me like one. I'm here because I want to be, this business is what I do, and I will not quit because you don't like me. I don't care if we talk, I don't care if we even look at each other, but know this, when we walk out of that curtain, its business and I will entertain, with or without you."

          I stepped out of the ring and made my way up the ramp without another word. I was beyond angry, I was furious. How dare he make me feel not good enough! Now was the time to prove him wrong. I could play this game, I married into it.