Chapter Twenty-Five

Brock stayed with us the rest of the week. He got up in the mornings and went outside with Alanna to wait on the bus and in the afternoon, he went with me to pick her up. In the evenings, he helped her with her homework and told her bedtime stories like the first. By Friday, I got a call from her teacher who wanted to read me something she had written the day before. It was an English assignment and the students were to write about someone they looked up to. Alanna's went a little something like this:

I look up to Mr. Brock. I met Mr. Brock through my mommy, who works with him. I was talking to my mommy at work and he was there. I was telling her about a contest I was in for my horse picture and he heard me. He said that he had real horses and one was gonna have a baby! Mommy and me went to his house that weekend and he showed them to me. I even got to name the baby! But that isn't why I look up to Mr. Brock... My mommy has always loved me and I love her too. But since my daddy left, she's been sad. When Mr. Brock started spending more time with us, she got happy again and I like to see my mommy happy. I hope that one day, Mr. Brock is my daddy. I want to have a big family with brothers and sisters, but most of all, I want mommy to feel loved too. She's always taken care of me and I want someone to take care of her.

           When I got the call, I cried. I was never one to be emotional but for the past couple of months, I was just that. I expected Alanna to tell me when she returned home from school but she never spoke a word of it and I never mentioned it. Once she was home, we left for the airport and flew to South Dakota to meet Brock's family. I was a little nervous but as soon as we landed, I was relieved and for a reason I couldn't explain...

           As we neared the dairy farm, Alanna became more and more excited. I hadn't seen her this excited since the horses. In my mind, I knew they were just cows, but she didn't. It was so funny to see her walk up to one for the first time. She loved animals but I soon figured out that she wasn't a cow person. She was way more afraid of them than I thought she would be and for the entire trip, she wanted nothing to do with them.

          As for Brock's parents, Richard and Stephanie were kind, country folk like I had expected. They still lived in the house that Brock was raised in and had no plans of ever leaving. The farmhouse itself was old but well-kept and up-to-date. They welcomed Alanna and I with open arms and I loved their hospitality. The same went for Brock's brothers, Troy and Chad, and his younger sister, Brandi. They were so kind and their kids loved Alanna. Even though we left early that Sunday, I felt like I had gained several new family members.

           Sunday, we flew to Minnesota and checked out the house. Alanna ran through it like she had lived there all her life and that's when I knew I had to put in an offer.

           To make a long story short, Alanna and I were moved in four weeks later. The moving process itself wasn't as bad as I had thought, thanks to Brock. He came home with me after RAW one night and within 24 hours, the whole house was packed and loaded in a moving truck. I could never thank him enough for all he had done for me, he was the one and I had known it for a while, even though I didn't want to admit it at first.

          Alanna and I have lived here just over a week and already, I can't imagine living anywhere else. The house is better than I could ever dream and I had fun decorating it the way I wanted. Within the first few days of living here, Alanna and I already had a schedule. Every morning, I would get her up, get her ready, and fix her breakfast. Then we would walk down to the end of the driveway and wait for the bus. This was usually where Brock would be waiting for us. He made sure that Alanna was comfortable in her new school and that she was. Every day, when she came home she would tell me about her teachers and new friends. I had never seen her this excited about school in, well, ever.

          The first night we were here, Brock took us to meet Justin's parents. His mother, Olivia, ran an in-home daycare and had agreed to meet with us. It was after school and there were a ton of kids there doing their homework and playing outside. Alanna was nervous at first but quickly warmed up to them. Olivia agreed to keep Alanna when Brock and I went out of town. Later on, Alanna informed that one of her friends at school, Katie, goes to Olivia's as well, which really made Alanna feel better about the whole thing. I was glad that at least someone she knew would be there but I still wasn't sure it would work, we would just wait and see.

          By the next Monday, I made sure Alanna got on the bus and then I took her things to Olivia's for the night. I included her PJ's, a couple extra clothes, and some of her comfort toys. Olivia assured me that she would let Alanna call me anytime she wanted, which made me feel a little more at peace. Once I took care of that, I went back to the house and got my suitcase ready. Tonight was RAW and Brock and I were scheduled to appear. Our feud with Seth and Charlotte was still ongoing even though we had already beaten them twice and still had the championships. They seemed to really be lingering our feud and Heyman, especially, was starting to get annoyed...

          After I had gotten all my things together, Brock picked me up and we headed off to the airport. Once we were settled in the jet, we were off to Vegas. The flight itself was almost three hours, so we had some time to kill and since Heyman knew this, he joined in on the ride to discuss business. "I hear that the move went well?" He asks after takeoff.

          I nod. "Yep, we're all settled in."

          "Good, good. And how are you two?" He smiled as I glanced at Brock, remaining silent. "Oh, come on. I may be an old man but I have eyes and I've known for quite a while. Is it official yet?"

          Brock responds. "You know how I like my personal life."

          Heyman nods. "So it is then. That's all I wanted to know. Now, as for business, I think the whole Seth and Charlotte thing is over. The universe loves seeing you both but I think their getting a little tired of this feud, as am I. I've already mentioned it to the writers and they're in the process of coming up with something new. I'm not sure what they'll come up with but nothing will happen until we've all three confirmed." He paused before continuing. "Casey, you are an excellent athlete and I have the utmost respect for you but please, please promise me one thing... For the sake of the business, don't tame the beast too much!"

          Brock and I both laughed as I agreed. "I promise, Heyman. He will always be the beast in their eyes, but not in mine."