Chapter Thirteen

Battling Randy for custody of Alanna was something that I had tried to avoid for so long, but Brock made me realize something. If I didn't do it now, he may turn the tables on me and I was done letting him rule my life. It was time for me to take control and once we he left the room, I contacted my lawyer who immediately filed for a custody hearing. Randy and his lawyer would be informed within 48 hours and I was given specific instructions not to answer any of his calls or to make contact with him under any circumstances.

           My lawyer also gave me some ideas on how to prove myself in court and I had to admit, they were good. Immediately after getting off the phone, I began searching through my phone and gathering pictures of Alanna and I throughout the years. I had come up with about thirty pictures, from birthdays to school events and added them in a folder. I also found two pictures of her and Randy. One from the day she was born and the other from Christmas four years ago. I added both of those to the album, in hopes that the judge would realize that I had been with Alanna every day while Randy showed up once or twice a year.

           Since I knew that Randy would try to play dirty, I dug up all the dirt on Brock I could and took notes on how to counter each of them. Brock even helped me and told me that if his lawyer wanted to put him on the stand, he would gladly do it for it Alanna.

           On Saturday, we spent the day outside. Alanna rode willow a little and I made sure and took plenty of pictures of her around the farm and with Brock. I wanted to show them how happy she was here and that Brock was not a monster like everyone thought. Alanna even asked for a picture of the two of them, without knowing what I was doing. I proceeded to take several photos all day and Brock did the same for me.

           That night, I emailed all the photos to my lawyer and she applauded me on my thoroughness. I refused to lose custody of my daughter and if that meant I had to play dirty then so be it.

           The next morning was Sunday, which meant Hell in a Cell was only a few hours away. Before we left, Brock informed his farmhand that Willow needed to be on close watch. She was due anytime, which made Alanna so excited to return later tonight. She was also happy to be going to work with mommy and looked forward to it.

           Once we arrived in Texas and got to the arena, we didn't have long until the show went live. On our way inside, we ran into Stephanie who had her three girls with her. Alanna seemed to take up with them quickly and Steph assured me that she could stay with them until after the show. I asked Alanna if she wanted to and she nodded, so I thanked Steph and then Brock and I headed toward the private locker rooms. "Have you seen the script yet?" I ask as we head down the hallway.

           He shook his head. "Nope, I assume Heyman-"

           "Say my name and I shall appear." Heyman popped out from around the corner and smiled. "How was the farm?"

           I nodded. "Very fun. Alanna really enjoyed herself."

           "And their flying back with me tonight. Willow is about to foal." Brock added as Heyman grinned.

          "Oh, is she? Well, it seems as if you'll be busy tonight then. I just wanted to stop by and tell you that you are set to win tonight and pick up the belts. But Casey, I did want to warn you before you go out there. It's been a long time since you've been in something as unforgiving as that cell. Be careful. Safety is always a prime concern during matches, but tonight, you should take it to the next level."

           I nod. "Understood."

          "Good. I'll see you guys shortly."