Chapter Ten

RAW had been live for a little over an hour by the time I went back to my locker room and got ready. Technically, we weren't in a match, but we would be involved in the main event. I quickly changed, touched up my makeup, and put my hair in place as I heard a knock at my door. Without thinking twice, I answered it and when I did, my heart sank.

          "Hiding, eh?" Randy walked in and took a look around. "Not too shabby. Did they throw in air fare too?" I knew he was joking, but I couldn't help but throw it back at him.

          I chuckled. "I guess you could say that. I have a private jet."

          It certainly caught him off guard, but he continued anyway. "I had a meeting with Paul. It seems as if they may be putting me back on TV soon, despite the injury. I may not be able to compete at a hundred percent, but I still have mic skills."

          "Good for you." I add, standing by the door. "Is that all?"

          He glares. "Are you really going to keep doing this? I mean, Kim showed me your interview the other day and don't think for a second I believed it. You would never wish me luck in anything, especially my love life."

          "And that's where you're wrong. I don't care what you do, I don't care if you get married and have ten kids. I really don't. Our life is over and I've moved on. I don't even know why you continue to talk to me. I'm here to do my job, that's it. Just move on and leave me be."

          Before I could say anything else, Randy's eyes iced over and I felt a presence beside of me. "Is something wrong?" Brock asked sternly.

          I shake my head. "Nope, not at all. Isn't that right, Randy? I believe you were just leaving." He took the hint and walked past us without another word.

          I sighed in relief and turned to Brock. "Are we on?"

          He nodded. "Minutes away."

          "Well, then let's go." We headed toward the gorilla position in silence as we met Heyman just outside the curtain. He was watching a monitor and motioned for us to join him.

          Seth and Charlotte stood tall in the ring as Seth took a mic. "I'm sure everyone is wondering why there is a brand new custom Cadillac sitting up on stage. I bought that car over the weekend to present it as a gift to the best diva on the roster. She was thrown into this insane feud and never once backed down. Charlotte, I want you to know that I appreciate you, and that car is just a token of my appreciation." He handed her the keys and continued. "Casey and Brock won't know what hit them this Sunday at Hell in a Cell. They think they can just waltz in here and do as they please because they've been in the business every few years but we're going to show them that they're wrong."

          Brock's music echoed through the arena as we appeared on stage, side-by-side. The crowd was deafening loud as Seth and Charlotte stood in disbelief. Heyman walked a few feet in front of us and began his promo. "My name is Paul Heyman. Seth Rollins, you like to come out here each and every week and talk endless smack about your opponents but my clients Brock Lesnar and Casey Bennett, don't think you can keep your word. You see, my clients don't talk smack, sometimes they don't even talk at all. They speak with actions."

          And that was our cue.

         Brock went toward the sound board and opened one of the black travel cases. He pulled out two sledge hammers and the crowd went wild. He walked toward the car, while handing one to me as we surveyed it. Seth and Charlotte looked on in horror as Seth found enough courage to speak. "No, no, no, no! Don't even think about it! That is a personal gift! If you do this, you will regret it!"

          Brock and I looked to one another and then to Heyman. We smiled and then unleashed our fury on the car. Brock took one side and I took the other. I had to admit, this was a pretty good stress reliever. I threw my hammer into the windshield and then slammed it into the passenger door. Brock took the driver's side and eventually, the rear window, before ripping a door off with his bare hands. We both dropped our weapons as Seth and Charlotte sprang into action. Seth attacked Brock from behind and had the upper hand for all of two seconds before Brock sent him to Suplex City. Charlotte attempted to throw a series of punches, but I countered and threw her into the broken glass on the floor.

          I knew better, but I quickly jumped on top of the car and landed a moonsault. When I landed, Charlotte had moved and was fleeing through the crowd, along with Seth who had gotten away from Brock. I felt the glass shards sticking out of my back, but I refused to stop. We were supposed to end RAW strong and that was exactly what we were going to do. I rose to my feet and joined Brock and Heyman center stage. "Run while you can, Seth, because at Hell in a Cell, there's only one way out..." Heyman lingered as RAW signed off at the top of the hour.

          As soon as we disappeared behind the curtain, Brock spun me around. "I knew it. Smart move, eh?"

          I shrugged. "Yeah, well. I'm a little rusty, so what?"

          I started down the hallway as fast as I could as Brock caught up. "Where are you going?"

          "To the medical room. Somebody's got to pull these out and I'm in no mood to sit in the ER." I assumed he would head back to his locker room but he didn't. He followed me and when I got to the Doc, he stayed with me while they pulled each shard out. I refused to let him see me weak and did everything I possibly could not to flinch. After all was said and done, they pulled about a dozen pieces of glass from my back, but thankfully, none of the cuts were large enough to need stitches. They just disinfected them and put bandages over them and let me go.

          On our way back to the locker room, I spoke up. "Why stick around? Thought I would admit that I was wrong?"

          He shook his head. "No, I knew you were too stubborn for that."

          "Then why?"

           "I don't know. What else am I going to do? I can't leave without you, you share my jet. And besides, we have a big match next Sunday. You need to be at one hundred and ten percent. And no more of those stupid moves, either. Next time, you might not be so lucky."

           I gasp in sarcasm. "Oh my God. I think the beast just admitted that he cares for my wellbeing. Quick! Call TMZ!"

           He rolled his eyes. "Go change. I'll meet you at the car in twenty minutes. If you hurry, you may get to see Alanna before school tomorrow."

           As we came to our locker rooms, I stopped. "Are you sure you really want us to come to your house? I mean, I can take Alanna to a stable downtown. I thought you said that you have a ten foot fence around your property to keep people out?"

           He smiled. "Quoting my interviews now?"

           I shrugged. "Just a fact."

           "No, I'm serious. I want to meet her and it would be good for the horses. They only see me and my farmhand, they'd like visitors."

           "Okay, if you say so. I just thought I'd warn you, if Alanna takes up with one of them, you're in trouble."

           "If she does, great. Maybe then I'll have visitors more often."

He went to his door and started to go inside before I interrupted him. "I thought you didn't like visitors, hence the fence."

          "You just love trying to use my words against me, don't you?" He started to close the door before pausing. "I don't like strangers, Casey. That doesn't mean I hate everyone."