Chapter Five

I changed back into my ring gear as I awaited the main event. The only thing I was aware of was that Paul and Stephanie were going to go out and make a talk to invite me to be on the main roster, then I would sign a contract in front of the WWE universe. That was the only thing I had been told and yet, like Brock, I was suspicious. They would have to develop a storyline tonight and the main event looked pretty promising.

           Once the last match ended, I headed down to the gorilla position as The Authority made their way to the ring. Stephanie entered first and grabbed a mic from the tech guy. "Tonight has been an eventful night, here in Lexington, Kentucky." The crowd roared. "It all started with our very first match of the night... Seth Rollins and Charlotte versus Brock Lesnar and his mystery partner."

           Paul interrupts. "Which happened to be the former ten-time Women's Champion, Casey Bennett." The crowd started chanting my name as he continued. "As many of you know, Casey's been out of the WWE for almost eight years and judging that you all seem to be enjoying her presence, I'd say bringing her back would be what's best for business." The crowd went wild as Paul asked me to join them. "So, Casey, I know you're back there. Why don't you come out and chat with us?" My music hit almost immediately as I made my way down to the ring. I spoke to some of the fans on my way and eventually, joined them as I was handed a mic. "So, Casey, what do you say? Do you want to join the main roster again?"

           I smile out at the universe as they chant, "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

           But before I could answer, Seth's music played as he waltzed his way down to the ring with mic in hand. "Now, hold on just a minute." I rolled my eyes, knowing this wasn't going to be a smooth promo. "I thought that making new stars was what was best for business? Why bring back old, washed up divas, when you can make new ones?" That struck a nerve.

           "Oh? I'm washed up, huh? I'd say that about you. You've been on every Raw for years and yet, you still can't pull ratings." I improvised, since that was apparently what I was supposed to do. I assumed that they would test me, but not this soon. He seemed surprised by my answer, but before he could say another word, Brock and Heyman appeared on stage. Seth looked back at them like he'd seen a ghost.

           Heyman was handed a mic as he began pacing. "Now, Seth, I don't think you meant that. Surely, you're not that ill-advised to say something of that caliber to a lady." He turns to Brock. "My client, Brock Lesnar, didn't like what you said and advises you to apologize." He pauses. "Right now."

           Seth laughs. "Yeah, okay. I'm sorry, Casey. I'm sorry you're old and washed up... It's not like the beast incarnate really cares what I say anyway."

           "You'll be very sorry..." Heyman looks to Brock and nods. With that, Brock starts toward the ring, staring directly at Seth.

           "Now, hold on. Hold on." Paul interrupts. "We came out here to offer Casey a contract, not beat up Seth Rollins." Seth almost looks like a sad puppy dog when Paul said this. Everyone knew he had no chance against Brock.

           I threw my hand up, signaling Brock to stop, then walked over to Stephanie, who was holding my new contract. I took the pen from her and signed on the dotted line as the crowd went wild. After, I exited the ring and met Brock at the ramp. I thought we were done, until Seth started running his mouth again. "Congratulations! The WWE has signed another useless contract."

           Brock and I both stopped as Heyman joined us. "I can assure you, Seth Rollins, my clients, Brock Lesnar and Casey Bennett, are not a useless contract. As a matter of fact," He starts toward the ring as Brock and I turn around and stand tall, side by side. "If you think they are, how about we make this interesting. And Paul, Stephanie, if you think this is best for business, please do chime in... How about Seth Rollins and Charlotte versus Brock Lesnar and Casey at Hell in a Cell! If my clients win, they take both your titles!" Brock and I both crack a smile. "If they lose, their WWE contract expires." I had to admit, I was surprised at the last part, but I still wasn't worried.