•Chapter 10• {last chapter}

Read Authors Note that follows.  One month after  previous chapter.

Leon

"I'm not sure about this Mom," I say uneasily.

"What? It's perfect, you've been together for such a long time, I think it's time. And it's obvious you love each other!" Mom says waving her hand in a whatever gesture.

"But it's grandma's ring," I say , she tsked.

"My mother would've wanted you to give it somebody like her," Mom assures me and I sigh.

"I don't think I'm ready," I try again and this time she just glared at me.

"Do you love her?" Mom asks me putting the ring down, turning serious.

"Yes..." I say, well I think so,

"Then you are ready," she smiles.

Mom hands the ring over to me. It was a silver band, then as it reached the center top, there were two infinity signs on each side, and then a diamond. I put it in the red velvet box. Mom gives me a kiss on the cheek and wishes me luck.

Let's give this a try

I knew where Vilu was. Today she told me she would go for a walk in the park. I had offered to go with her, but she had declined. I walk to the park and look around, putting my hand on my eyebrow to try and block out the light. I see her and take a deep breath. Am I sure this is what I want?

I had been so confused, for a very long time. My heart torn between Vilu and Francesca. And now here I was, bracing myself to go over to Vilu and propose. I loved her, that what my head was telling me. Even my mother as looking forward to this. She always loved Vilu. But is this what I want?

-Yes it is Leon. Just do it!

-I don't know, maybe he should wait

-no! He definitely loves Vilu.

I decide to listen to the first voice in my head. I guess this is what I want. My mother believes I'm ready. I should be ready then. I spot Vilu and start to make my way over to her.

"Vilu!" I call and Vilu turns around and seems me.

I jog over after putting the box in my back pocket. I give her a kiss on the cheek and she smiles at me.

"What's up?" She asks and I take yet another deep breath.

I take the box out my  pocket and get down on my knee. I open the box and Vilu gasps.

Fran

Now that Diego and I weren't together, the pain of Leon's amnesia had come back to me. For the last month, Leon had tried to get closer to me but I pushed him away. I love him, I really do, but I can see how happy everybody else is. I even saw his parents, they were so happy that Leon was with Violetta. I kept telling myself maybe this was better.

Maybe it was better Leon lost his memories, maybe it was good that he may never remember again. Why make one person happy and many sad.  I could move on from Leon, this pull we had with each other, it would be gone soon I think. I would just have to forget about him.

"What's up?" A voice asks.

I turn around recognizing the voice and see Violetta and Leon. Leon gets down on his knee and opens a small box.

"Vilu I love you. You are everything to me, you always make me happy, your smile lights up my world. There is nobody I would rather be with. Violetta Maria Castillo, will you marry me?"

I gasp tears forming in my eyes.

"Fran?" Leon says turning to the gasp.

I don't say anything, I just run away.

Leon

"Vilu I love you. You are everything to me, you always make me happy, your smile lights up my world. There is nobody I would rather be with. Violetta Maria Castillo, will you marry me?" I pour my heart out. Only a bit of it was lying. Before she can answer I hear a gasp. I turn my head and see Fran.

"Fran?"

Fran doesn't answer, she just runs away. I get up and run after her, ignoring Vilu's screams. She was getting to a street but I pulled her back. The moment I touched her arm, it felt like somebody started pound in my head.

Memories started flashing through my head. I saw Violetta cheating on me. Fran comforting me. Fran and I kissing. More memories flashed, most were of Fran and I. And then I see Fran crossing the road, and then me jumping after her getting knocked out. When the flashes stop I collapse but Fran catches me and drops t the ground with my head on her lap.

"Leon! Say something! Leon!" She pleas.

"I love you," I whisper and she looks at me confused.

"I'm not Violetta," Fran reminds me and I chuckle.

"I know, I love you. Francesca Caviglia." I say and her face lit up.

"Do you-"

"Yes I remember," I grin and Fran reaches down and kisses me passionately. I kiss her back just as passionately, and sparks were flying everywhere. Fran was the part I was missing. We break apart and I peck her lips.

"There is something I have to do," I pause and she nods, "I need to kill Diego for asking you out. And for kissing you. There are many things that he has to die for," I say and she laughs.

"But it was me. I'm very sorry for going out with him. I should've believed in you," Fran apologizes.

"I'm sorry, for all the hurtful things I've said, and for being with Violetta," I apologize,

"You have nothing to apologize for," Fran smiles and I kiss her again.

"Nothing will ever tear us apart. I love you Fran."

"I love you too,"

And I kissed her again.

~THE END~

-Lexy

{Read A.N.}