Six

-April 10th, 2013- -Gabi's POV-

"Josh are you sure I can't take tomorrow off?" I ask Josh, following him into the living room, wiping my hands on my apron.

"Gabi, why do you want it off so badly?" He asks.

"Uh...I need a little time." I lie. I had a doctor appointment but I didn't want Josh to know.

"Oh, let her have it off, in fact, fire her. That way she'll have all the time she needs for the baby!" Elliot says. Then Josh looks at him sternly. "God where's my cherry chapstick?" He asks, then checks his suit.

"Gabi, why do you need it off?" Then I sigh.

"I have a doctor appointment." I reply.

"Why couldn't you have just told me that? I will let you go, you know."

"I just don't want you worrying." I say.

"Can I come?"

"And that reason." I say, then roll my eyes.

"Hey, I'm the dad, I should get to go." Josh says. "And I'm not taking no for an answer."

"Fine." I say, then sigh. "Won't Caroline be worried?"

"She never cares what I do." He says, then shakes his head. It sure seems like they've been having trouble lately...

__________________________________________

-April 11th, 2013- -Gabi's POV-

"Gabi, put on this gown and I'll be back in about ffive minutes." Te doctor says, then leaves.

"Turn." I say sternly to Josh, then he looks at me conused. "Look, I know you've seen me naked before but that doesn't mean it won't make me feel all weird now." Then he turns around.

"Sorry."

"It's okay. So what's up with you and Caroline?" I ask, taking off my dress.

"Whatcha mean?" He asks.

"Well, you've just seem distant lately. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine. We're just busy, that's all."

"Okay, you can turn around." I say, then get up on the table again.

"So how does this all work?"

"You'll see, I'm not really sure either." Then the doctor comes back in, and I lie down and put my feet in the stirrups.

"Okay, this is going to feel a bit cold." Then she sticks the ultrasound wand inside of me.

"Holy crap, where do you put that thing? Antartica?" Then Josh laughs. "Oh, you want this inside of you?" I ask him, then he shakes his head.

"Are you the husband?" She asks Josh.

"Uh, no. I'm the uh-" Then Josh swallows.

"Father. I'm not married." I say.

"Okay." Then a loud thumping filled the room. "That's the baby's heartbeat. And there's your baby." She says, pointing to the screen. I start to tear up, looking at the little thing on that screen.

"That's the baby?" Josh asks, nervously, then the doctor nods. Then Josh swallows again.

"How far along am I?" I ask.

"About seven weeks. One month and three weeks." Then she takes the wand out of me and sets it down, and I sit up. My heart was racing a billion miles per hour, and I'm not even sure why.