Thirteen

-April 16, 2013- Gabi's POV-

"Man, I really hope this guy knows what he's doing." I say, pacing in front of the truck.

"Oh, relax, he's the number one mechanic in Yermo. And the mayor." Jake says, smiling.

"I've got good news and bad news. The bad news is that your radiator is shot." The mechanic says.

"What's the good news?" Jake asks.

"I'm about to make 450 bucks."

"Uh, kind sir, would you accept payment in the form of Brie and Chutney quesadillas by any chance?"

"I do love Brie. But no."

"Jake, what are we gonna do?" I ask, then he kisses me passionately on the lips. "You think you can just kiss me and everything's gonna be magically better?"

"Uhm...pretty much worked my whole life."

"Jake, maybe this isn't meant to be. You know, maybe we should just go home."

"What are you talking about? This is all part of the adventure." He says, upset.

"I know, but it's not just about the truck. There's been some stuff going on in my head..."

"No! No, no. This is happening. We're doing it. Do you know how many people with munchies are gonna pass this place on the way to Coachella? We'll open the truck right here and sell your amazing food to pay for the repairs. It's gonna be awesome."

Wow. You know, you're really sexy when you take charge." I say. Then he kisses me again. "Okay, that time it kinda worked."

_________________________________________

-Josh's POV-

"Woo-hoo-hoo!" Sofia yells. "Thanks for letting me drive. This is so exci-"

"Eyes on the road." I say, pointing to the road. "All right, look, we're almost in Yermo. We still haven't seen them. I mean, where are they?!"

"You should stop yelling, okay? It's not my fault that Gabi's phone is dead and she's with Jake and his beautiful lips."

"See? This is exactly my point. Girls can't resist him. I've seen it my whole life...we gotta find them." Then the car starts to decelerate. "Sofia, why are we slowing down?"

"I...I don't know. I'm flooring it!"

"Sofia, we're out of gas! Why didn't you say something?!"

"Well, considering I don't even have a driver's license, I think I'm doing pretty good!" Sofia shouts back.

_________________________________________

-Gabi's POV-  

"Okay, kids. All done. The truck's out back. And your quesadillas were delicious." The mechanic says, then laughs. "Who knew I loved chutney? Anyway, you're good to...make out again. Can't really blame you. That is one good-looking young man." Then Jake and I kiss again.

"Thank you, Joey." I say. "Hey, Joey, how disgusting is your bathroom?"

"Not gonna lie. Pretty bad." He admits.

_________________________________________

-Josh's POV-

"Come on, Sofia. Let's walk back." I say as we walk to my car.

"Ugh, my feet hurt." She whines.

"No time to complain. Look, I've been too close too many times, all right? I'm not letting this chance pass me by."