Stay

'I'm scared Thomas. I don't think I can go through with it, I-'
'Listen to me lythia' Thomas interrupted, the white lab coat on. 'We have to do this, what they're doing- it's cruel! You and I both know it's getting harder and harder to watch them running through that maze everyday and night, we can't watch them die- their escape is right at our finger tips!'

Lythia looked down, noticing she was wearing the same type of clothing. They were in a bathroom, all white just like the bedroom. 'Okay. But what if one of us gets found out? What if they kill-'
'Lythia I am your brother. If you go down; I'm going with you. If I go down, you do your best not to follow me. If Gally goes down, I'll go down with him.'

'Lythia. The walls are opening.' Gally woke her. He was sitting, his back to her, peering through the Ivy, as the rumbling erupted.

'Shit.. I wasn't meant to fall asleep, you should of woke me' shespoke, sitting up.

'It's okay, I kept watch. You needed it, I wasn't gonna bother you' he replied, still staring out the ivy.

'Gally why did you come out here? Why did you follow me? you could of left me, you should of left me, you put yourself in danger and I don't know why' she babbled.

He looked at her, his mouth opening, but he hesitated.

His face softened as he seen the distress on the face, the tears, the dirt, the scratches, deep down all he wanted to do was make her feel better, make her smile, see her eyes glistening once more.

Then it all just happened so fast.

He gently grabbed her face and pulled her toward him, pushing his lips onto hers.

It all felt so... normal to the both of them.  Like this was a normal occurrence.

Lythia wasn't even shocked, she relaxed, brethed, like his lips were what she'd been needing, It felt like she had found something she was missing. He drew back, looking into her eyes, a small glint reappearing.

'That's why' he breathed.

'We've gotta go' he said, taking her hand as he guided her out of the ivy.
'Are they gone?' she questioned, her memory going back to the monsters that disappeared down the drop.

'The Grievers? Yeah. They don't come out in the day.'

They jogged back to the maze entrance.

It was newts face Lythia seen first, the utter shock rising.

'Guys.. GUYS! THEYRE BACK' he shouted, as the rest of the gladers came running, a mixture of emotions crossing their faces.

She seen Thomas, and without thought she ran toward him, her dreams finally making her understand why she felt the way she did about him, engulfing him in a hug.
'You're my brother Thomas' she whispered, as he hugged back.

'What?'
'You're my brother' she repeated.

They broke apart, Lythia hugging newt then Minho.

'How did you.. What.. How Lythia?' Minho asked, confusion on his face.

'Gally. That's how. I would of died if it wasn't for him' she said, turning to him.

He looked tired and sweaty and pissed off.

Thomas walked over to him. 'Thanks. For protecting her.' He said. Gally just looked at him. 'Don't thank me.' He said, walking past Thomas.

'We need sleep' he said to Lythia, walking toward the homestead.

It kind of bothered Lythia that none of this fazed Gally. He didn't even seem happy that they made it back, into the glade. He walked ahead of her, and every time she caught up he'd quicken his pace.

He walked into the showers, roughly washing his face, as she followed him in. He didn't even acknowledge her standing there. What happened in the transition from the maze to the glade? if he was going to kiss her like that and treat her like she didn't exist as soon as they got back into company, putting o this front, she didn't want to be around him, despite all he had done for her.

'Aren't you happy?' she asked.

'Yep.' He bluntly said.

'Yup? Wow. You sure sound happy that you survived Gally.' she snapped, walking off.

This really pissed her. Was this some kind of act? Acting all hard now that he's back in the glade? No big deal that he lived to tell the tale? Lythia know the glade wasn't exactly heaven, but she'd never felt so happy to be back in it. She got straight into bed, trying to sleep.

But she couldn't.

She faced the wall, thinking about what she just survived. She literally survived the impossible. 'Nobody survives a night in the maze' they said.

Well she did. she survived.

The thought was exciting and scary at the same time. She didn't know if she wanted to cry or scream or smile till her face fell off.

She heard shuffling behind her, and someone on the floor. she turned.

It was Gally.  Lying on the floor next to her bed again, turned to opposite way.

Why?

She didn't know. Gally was confusing, and surely she'd lived through enough to sleep alone now.

But she didn't care, the thought of the kiss filled her thoughts like electric. She liked him there. But not on the floor.

She surveyed her bed, realising it was way to small for more than one person. She looked back at Gally, and wondered if the thought she was having was acceptable to do right now.

Oh shuck it.

She got out the bed, clambering under the blanket behind Gally. She shuffled closer.

'I just showered. You're gonna get me all dirty again' he said.

Her heart sank.

'Sorry.' she mumbled, staring to move to go back to her own bed.

'I was joking' he quickly said, as he turned around and pulled her into him, making it hard for her to move. 'Stay with me' he mumbled, closing his eyes.

FUCK it's about to get soppy and heartbreaking from here on out so I apologise for the cringes