Star sailor

He hesitated for a moment, before picking up more wood.

'I don't hate the guy. He just grinds my gears. And I happen to grind his' he shrugged.

'But why? Give a valid reason as to why you both bicker all the time' she said, piling the chopped pieces against a tree.

'I don't know. I just... Feel it. It's mutual' he replied. 'What's your dreams?' He suddenly changed the subject.

'What did you want to do, before all this. Do you remember anything that you wanted to do?' He asked.
'I don't remember much.'

Stars.

The thought popped into her head quicker than it should of. She only wished her memories of Gally appeared so fast. Maybe if they were all asked questions in a safe environment they would have a lot more memories. She smiled as vacant dreams filled her head.

'It's not much of a dream that could come true but.. When I was little.. I used to dream about being on a boat in the sky. Only when it was dark though. I used to call myself a star sailor. And the moon would be the home planet- and everything was that icy white colour. And it was always night time on the moon, the Stars were so close to us that they were like huge fireworks that just stayed there, like someone had painted them on the night sky. They'd have a twinkle noise aswell.'

Gally smiled, finding as much happiness in the memory as she did.

'Ever since I grew up and those dreams stopped, the thing I've always wanted to do was lay on the roof of a car, with a blanket and look up at the stars.' she finished.

Cars. It had been so long since she had seen a car.

'Star sailor' he smiled.

'So I guess your pretty obsessed with stars?' He winked. 'When I was younger, I always wanted to be a super hero. Every thing I done, even making my bed, I'd pretend it was a mission to save the world. All I ever wanted to do was save a damsel in distress, or be in a comic book and save a girl that would fall in love with me' he laughed.

'You did achieve a lot of that' Lythia told him. 'You saved me. I wouldn't say I was a damsel in distress, just a girl with no brain- but you did it, and I fell in love with you. Well- again.' she raised her eyebrows playfully. 'You're right.' He smiled. 'Now we gotta make your  dream come true.'

'Heyyyy shanks' a voice interuppted. Chuck was behind Lythia, smiling goofily.

'Whatcha doin' he smiled a little bit too much, like he had something to hide. Chuck brought happiness to this place. Despite every thing that went on there he still found reasons to smile.

'I know something.. That.. You don't know that I know' he finished quickly, not giving them a chance to answer his question. Gally looked over to Lythia and smiled, for the fifthtime today, trying to hide any laughter. His eye caught someone else.

'Newt!' He called, walking over to him as he strolled past Lythia and Chuck, in the distance.

'Did Gally just smile? Gally never smiles' chuck questioned, eyebrows knitting together.

'Are you and Gally.. Shucking?' He asked, innocently.

'Chuck!' Lythia harshly whispered, checking Gally was out of earshot.

'It's just a term that I heard!' He threw his hands up in defeat.
'A term from who?' she asked, scowling.

'Literally everyone. We all know somethings going on. Why is he so happy?' He grinned.

 Lythia sighed. It's not that she was embarrassed, but it was just another thing for the glade to talk about regarding her.

'Ya know you should keep your nose out of everyone's business chuck' Gally playfully said, flicking chucks ear, as he walked back to them, earning a giggle from Lythia.