Past memories

AUTHORS NOTE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE 

Before she could even question him, Thomas beckoned her up the steps and told her to shut up. He cracked the door open a little, then pulled her out of the room.

He ran, round corners and through doors once more, the building they were in seemed never ending. 'How do you know where we're going?' Lythia asked, running out of breath.

'I told you I remember stuff.' He reminded her, as they stopped  infront of a large white elevator. Lythia thought he was just catching a breath, she was ready to carry on running but he pressed the button.

He pressed the elevator button.

'What are you doing? We're just gonna chill in a freaking elevator?' Lythia threw her hands up in confusion.

'Well it's no use running. It's eighty floors Lythia.' He said to her with an obvious tone as if she was supposed to already know that. She just hoped nobody was in the elevator when it opened.

'Thomas. Take these.' she handed 4 of the syringes she had, to protect him.

He looked at her with a grin.

'I don't need those.' He pulled a small gun from his back and flung it around infront of her. Of course. 'Why didn't I think of that?' she said to herself, remembering that the guard had two types of guns on him. The syringes seemed pretty useless now. 'Cause you're dumb' he mumbled, a hint of sibling rivalry lacing his words.

The doors opened, revealing a bright white empty lift, big enough for around twenty people. Lythia wondered why everything was the white. The brightness was giving her a headache. Thomas pinched the bridge of his nose as the doors closed. 'Twenty four' he mumbled, pressing the button on the wall. They began moving down. The electronic numbering showed that they were currently on the 77th floor.

'Why twenty four?' she asked.

'I don't know. I'll just know he'll be in there.' Thomas replied.

'He?'

'The only one in charge that's available to confront.'

The doors opened, and instead of being in a hallway, they were in a large room. Extremely large in fact. It was quiet, except the clattering of a keyboard from the far end of the room. there, at a large wooden desk, sat a man in a suit, typing at a computer.

He looked up at them, his eyes returning to the screen.
He didn't seem fazed that Thomas had a gun pointed directly at him. Lythia looked at Thomas and his eyes flickered over to her, a glance of 'I don't know' crossing his face. A moment passed, and the man shut his computer lid.

'Please put the gun down Thomas; you don't even know how to use the thing' he calmly spoke, a posh British accent coming from his mouth.

'I know enough to pull a trigger' Thomas replied, his jaw tensing.

'Put it down' he repeated, standing up. He was relatively tall, average featured with short grey hair and a the beginnings of a beard. He looked in his 40's.

'Put us back in the maze' Thomas retaliated, the gun still steady in his left hand.

'Put the gun down and we can talk' he repeated yet again, but more sternly this time.

Lythia remembered that she still had the syringes for defence.

'Thomas put it down' she eyed him. He double glanced her, not listening at first, but then followed my instructions as if he remembered the syringes himself. He dropped the gun, but kept it locked underneath his foot. 'I've put down the damn gun now put us back in the maze' he snapped.

'You want to go back in the maze?' The man moved around to the front of his desk, hands calmly clasped at the front of his body. 'It's ironic, because, at the beginning you would have done anything to stay out of it' he slowly spoke, laughter laced in his tone.

'Why did you put us in there? Huh? Why?' Thomas asked, ignoring his remark.

'you all would of killed yourselves out there. You weren't supposed to get out of there. We can't afford to lose you.' He spoke, referring to their escape plans.

'What the fuck? Well it clearly worked, were out here now' Thomas laughed.

The man sighed.

'WICKED, is good Thomas.' he stared.

'World In Catastrophe. Killzone Experiment Department.' e spelt out. 'We're doing this to save you. Us. The world. You don't have to go back in there. You can try again here, a second chance, a role in the heroic department.'

Thomas scoffed. 'we want the maze. We don't want any more of this. put us back. Heroic my ass. Haven't you seen how many people have died?'

'Catastrophe?' Lythia questioned. 'Save the world from what?'

Before the man could reply, a younger looking woman appeared, her long white coat down to her ankles as her ruby red heels echoed off the shiny floor. Her face concered, worried, twisted into a slight fear.

'you do not want to go back in there. Listen to him.' she warned, focusing her words mostly on Lythia.

'PUT US BACK IN THERE.' Thomas growled, his eyes contorting with a threatning glisten.

Lythia had other ideas. She wanted to know why they were in there, and she longed to remember the past she had with Gally.

'no. First, you give us back our memories.' She glared at them both.

The dark man laughed. 'oh god. If youre so desperate to go back in there, maybe its good for your itty bitty heart not  to see all of that.'

Thomas nodded, and the gun was miraculously back in his hands, pointing sharply at the brute and his assistant. 'Give us our memories or I'll blow your head off, and we'll find our own way out.'

'Your wish is my command.'

*

Thomas and Lythia followed the man, the gun pointed firmly to the back of his grey matted head, Lythia with syringe at the ready. They passed through a door at the far back of the room, down a set of steps and into a room similar to the one Lythia had woke up in, yet the bed in the middle seemed much more technical.

'Will you allow my assistant to hook you up?' the man questioned, still seeming very calm at the fact that Thomas was holding a gun, point blanc to his face.

'you better not be bluffin', or I'll pull this trigger.' Thomas warned, nodding toward Lythia.

She took a seat on the bed, discreetly stuffing the syringe back up her sleeve. The man rolled his blue eyes, huffing a little. 'Calm down Thomas. I value my life much more than yours. I'm not bluffing.'

Lythia wondered at this point if there was even any bullets in the gun. She didn't even care, she just wanted to know about everything. Even f it was the last thing she did.

The blonde haired assistant attached two wires to Lyhias temples, the cold sticky substance causng her to grit her teeth. A needle with a wire attatched was inserted into her wrist, stinging a little as the purple liquid filled her veins.

'you should lie down' the woman instructed, worry still painted across her face.

Lythia did so, and her vision got blurry, her body tensing as she blacked out.

Oh my gosh... life has been busy. I just hopped back on here out of boredom due to the lockdown and ..... omg? My story is NUMBER 2 in 'gally'?? What the hell! I'm so appreciative of that, I was 19 years old when I wrote this story and I thought it wouldn't go anywhere, and to see that as I log on here 3 years later is astounding! I really miss writing I do, I'd like to start again. I've one more chapter in this book so I will post them both now, if any of you are still interested. And I'll most likely begin a second part of this book in a new story! Please get back to me if you all would be interested. And many thanks for the kind comments, subscribers, and likes ❤️