Family Matters (2/3)

-Aly's pov-
I snuggled in bed beside Mike doing my best to push all my bad memories out of my head so I could go to sleep. He rolled over on his side interlocking his fingers with mine.
"Love you too tiger.." I whispered smiling. Eventually, I was able to fall asleep but, I wouldn't be asleep for long anyways.

***11:20 pm***
I was tossing and turning crying in my sleep. I had accidentally woken up Mike.
"Aly.." he said gently shaking my shoulder, "Aly....Aly.....Aly?"
I woke up startled gasping for air.
"Its okay. It's okay I got you, it's okay I got you." He said holding me now.
"I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to wake you up." I say feeling embarrassed.
"Its okay Sweetie." He said smiling into the kiss on the top of my head. I snuggled into him trying to stop crying but, I couldn't get the nightmare out of my head. I hiccuped while I tried to stop by slowing down my breathing but that only made it worse. He gently pressed me against his bare torso rubbing my arms softly as he rested his chin on the top of my head.
"I'm t-t-t-trying to s-s-stop." I say with effort.
"I know. I know..I know..." he whispered kissing my forehead, "It's ok."
I felt like a helpless child, I felt so stupid!
He felt me shift over my head below his collarbone trying to get calm and settled down. My long ponytails tip slipped over my shoulder and touched Mike's skin causing him to get goosebumps, I brushed my ponytail back behind my shoulder. I had quit hiccuping and could breathe again but, tears kept coming. Mike held my cheeks brushing his thumb across my cheek catching a few tears.
"It was just a dream." He promised, "Its gonna be okay, I promise."
I nodded when he smiled tilting his head to the side and his lips met mine.
"Everything's going to be fine.."
And then I realized, that's when family matters most.