Chapter 10

Aaliyah~

"Thank you." I rush out of the car, my heart pounding. My thoughts fly everywhere and I don't intend to turn back.

"Wait! Aaliyah!" I pretend I don't hear him. I just keep walking, hoping he doesn't follow me. Hoping he doesn't call me again.

His car, his eyes, his lips.

Just friends.

I shut the door and lean against it, breathless.

It was.. Exhilarating. He drove me insane. He leaned in and I couldn't take it. I had to get out of there.

I had to avoid all eye contact because I know if I just looked at his golden eyes I would melt and he would pull my lips into his and I wouldn't be able to do anything about it. I wouldn't want to do anything about it.

So I left. I know he would want to talk about it if I fell for the bait and kissed his soft lips. I couldn't stay and embarrass myself more than I already have tonight. I couldn't stay to explain myself.

The way my mind plays it out if I had stayed, makes me feel like it was the right thing to run out of the car and walk as fast as I could inside the safety of my home. 

But the way my stomach churns at just the very thought of him, and my heart races thinking about his lips on mine, and how the ends of my lips curl up and my eyes close at the thought of his thumb rubbing circles on my cheek while holding my face steady, makes me want to drive to his house and pull him close just for a slight second. Just to feel his mouth mold into mine.

But I didn't stay, I'm not going to drive to his house, I've messed it up. Even if we are just friends.

~After dinner~

Theo opens the door for me and the lights don't seem to bother me as much. I still try to keep myself hidden, and Theo can see that I am, and hides me too. I smile up at him.

We finally get rid of the paparazzi, and Theo puts on some sunglasses. I laugh.

"Do you do this every night?" He shrugs as it doesn't seem to bother him very much. He's probably used to it.

"Only when I go out. It's a disguise, although people can usually see through it." He laughs and our hands graze for the millionth time tonight. He doesn't acknowledge it, or even seem to notice, but I do. I swear I can almost feel my heart stop for a few beats.

"Isn't it hard to see with those on?" I grab his glasses from his face and put them on mine, hoping he doesn't notice the awkward tension shooting rays from me.

My view darkens and I stop. "Woah. How do you manage to wear these? I can barely see." He grabs my hand and puts it around his waist.

Stay calm.

He puts his arm around my shoulders.

Be cool.

He leans in and whispers, like he did at dinner. "Do you trust me, love?" He removes the sunglasses and ties a handkerchief around my eyes.

Oh no. I can't.

"Only if you aren't going to kill me. I mean, who carries a blindfold around?" As he laughs, I feel his breath fanning my face. Our faces are inches apart. No. Centimeters apart.