Chapter 25

Aaliyah~

I wake up, my feet chained down to the bed. I sit up and yank at them. But when I look down, I realize my hair is surrounding me. All over the bed and the pillow. I run my hand across my hair. It ends at my throbbing shoulder. I close my eyes and just think.

It could be a lot worse. Don't worry about it. It's just hair. Grow it back.

The door unlatches and in walks the boss. His eyes dance around with amusement, and all I feel is disgust. His hands stay behind his back as he watches me.

"Short hair really suits you." I grit my teeth, grinding them together. He holds a stack of clothes, placing them on the dresser.

"This is your idea of a big, bad punishment?" He laughs at me. And comes over to chain my hands together. His touch causes my body to shiver, goosebumps rising at the base of my neck.

"You don't even know the half of it." What's that supposed to mean? He acts as if I'm in such a bad situation. My hair was getting too long anyways. The joke is really on him.

"I need to go to the bathroom." And I do. I really really do. He rolls his eyes and unchains my feet. We walk over to a door attached to the room, and open it to a dirty bathroom. The blue walls are stained with a dark red, and I find myself trying not to think about what is really on them.

"Be quick." He hands me the clothes and unchains my hands. I do what I need to, and wash my hands, cupping them and filling them with water. I drink it out of my hands, feeling so dehydrated.

He pounds on the door and I sigh? I wait a few seconds as my hand rests on the doorknob. I open the door and he pulls me out, chaining my hands again. We walk out of the bathroom, then out of the bedroom.

We walk down the moldy corridors and end up in a room that's completely white. The rooms smells of chlorine and god knows what other chemicals. He walks in with me, and a stinging pain pierces my neck. I realize that he's injecting me with something, but it's too late.

"Good luck." I start to feel dizzy, colors appearing in front of me. I sway back and forth before I can't take it anymore. I fall onto my shoulder and scream out in pain.

After what feels like forever, I see Theo in the corner of the room. I immediately stop squirming, my eyes wide with fear and confusion.

"Theo?" He emerges from the darkness, he falls to the ground, shaking. "Theo!" I crawl over to him but he's disappeared. I see a camera in a corner.

"Let me out!" I turn around and see Riley crying on the floor. "Baby girl." I close my eyes, praying to god it goes away.

It's not real. It's not real. It's not real.

It's not real... right?

~

After about 3 hours, I'm curled up in a corner. Whatever they injected into me has wore off, but the things I saw have not. My hands are shaking, my mind completely broken.

The boss comes into the room holding a long syringe, squirting some of it out. "Oxprenolol. What a wonderful thing." I try to become smaller in the corner, scrambling to push myself farther back.

"Don't come any closer! Get away from me!" He comes closer and punches me, my cheek feeling like it had just gotten cut with a knife. I tense my jaw, wincing from the pain.

"I will not be pushed around by some weak, little girl. This is my game. You will play by my rules and do whatever I ask you to do. Unless you want to come back here? I would be just as amused." I violently shake my head, terrified.

"Stand up." I do as he says, not daring to disobey. I can feel the emotion slowly leaving my body, my heart. I feel.. empty. I can barely feel my love for Theo. Or Riley.

Please, God. Don't let me lose myself in here. Please.

I feel like a different person. I don't know what to do or what to say. Do I care what happens to me?

I don't know.

I am taken back to my room. I sit on the bed and the boss just watches me. Just sits there and stares at me. Like I'm a piece of meat.

He walks towards me, closing the space between us. I clench my jaw. I don't want to defy him. Not again.

But I do anyways.

I push him away from me and spit in his face. He wipes it off, and scowls at me.

"You just don't learn, do you?"

---

Theo~

We have a lead. We're so close. I need her. Riley needs her. And to know that we're so close, yet so far only makes it harder.

At this point, I can't even sleep. Purple bags weigh my eyes down. All I need is her. That's all I want.

---

Aaliyah~

My eye is swollen. Bruises cover my body, and I feel blood dripping off my face. I can barely breathe.

"I thought you would've learned by now, but it seems as though you aren't as smart as you look." I can feel the rage fuming off of him. I stare at him, lifeless, laying on the ground. He turns around to walk out, but I can't keep my mouth closed.

"They'll find me." He turns around. I feel as though I've said this a million times before, getting the same reaction each time.

"What?" I lick my lips and slowly blink.

"They're going to find me. And they're going to put you behind bars. I will never give up hope."

I'm lying.

But he doesn't need to know that.

"They're never going to find you down here." And with those last words, he leaves me alone with my thoughts.