Chapter 15

Aaliyah~

We get to the towing place, and walk up to the man running it. He's a tall guy with piercings stuck in his face, and tattoos running up and down his neck. He looks me up and down and smirks.

"What can I get you, babe?" I uncomfortably shift and try to disappear, not finding the words to speak. His voice sends uncomfortable waves over me.

"I.. I.." he licks his thin lips, and his eyes stray south of my face. And although my dress is neck high, I fold my arms in an attempt to cover as much as possible.

"At loss for words? Give me your lips and let me find them for you." He leans in and Theo pushes him back.

"You're only here to do your job. Not to harass women." He frowns and looks like he's about to say something, but refuses against it.

"What do you need?" Theo tells him about the car, and he pays for it.

"Thank you." I mumble to the man who hands me the keys. Before we leave to get my car, he grabs my wrist and places a crumbled up paper in my hand.

"See you soon." What does he mean? I un-crumple the paper and on it, words are jotted, making it hard to read out. I shove it in my pocket. Probably not anything important.

We go to the back, my car being pushed out. I thank the men as they leave me by the car I left inside moments before I exploded on Tyler. Before I can fully get inside, Theo leans on the side.

"Can we talk?" I grit my teeth and look anywhere but his eyes,"please. Just follow me. It'll be quick." I exhale slowly, nodding my head. He gestures for me to follow him in his car. 

Does he want to know what happened that night? Because I do too. I want to know if he played me. If he played the other girl too.

We end just a couple blocks away at a park. I step outside just as he does,"Is this place good enough?" I nod and smile at him. He seems nervous as he walks to the sidewalk, and I slam my door shut. He waits for me to arrive at his side and we walk to the swings in silence. Absolute silence.

The cool breeze blows through my hair as we sit on the freezing swings and I push myself back and forth. "Aaliyah?" I look over at him. He seems like he's in a complete daze. Just spaced out, not worrying about anything on the outside. It looks nice.

"Yes?" He looks at me and narrows his eyes while slightly titling his head. He bites his lip and gets lost in thought before finally answering.

"What were you doing the other night? The night you were walking alone." My eyes widen and I choke on air. He remembered? He remembered. How could he forget? He left me in a pile of dirt thinking that maybe someone cared enough. But he was with some hooker.

"I wanted to see you. But then.." He takes my hand and folds it in his.

"And you saw me in the car with the girl. Aaliyah-"

"It's fine." I say stubbornly. Typical girl thing. I didn't intend for it to slip out rude. But it just did. I couldn't help myself. I know he's trying to apologize, but I can't let it go. More like, won't let it go.

"Aaliyah, listen. Let me explain." I sigh and nod. "I was with Shailene. We just wanted to go over some lines and that's it. Nothing else." A knot coils in my stomach. Of course. I over reacted just like I always do. I shouldn't have doubted him. I should've trusted him. I was stupid not to.

"Oh.." He squeezes my hand.

"Hey. It's okay. Now it's your turn. What were you doing walking in the blistering cold, miles away from your house without a car, heaven forbid no cellphone." I think back to that moment. With tears streaming down my face, the feeling of betrayal engraved in my mind. I don't want to sound stupid and pathetic. I don't want to tell him why I was really there.

"Well.. um.." I naw on my lip. I have to tell him. He's been so honest with me the whole time. He just paid for my mistake. "I went to your house to tell you something." I look him in the eye. I know I can't back out now, but looking at his light brown eyes right now, I don't know if I can finish a simple sentence. "I wanted to tell you that.. that I couldn't stop thinking about you. I couldn't sleep. All that I thought about was you, and I couldn't stop. I had to say something. I had to see you. Even if you didn't feel the same, I had to. And I just wanted to hug you and kiss you and tell you that.." I could fall for you. "That I like you." He smiles and grabs my face with his firm hand.

"I thought you'd never say that, Aaliyah Carter." He pulls my mouth to his, and they fit together perfectly like pieces to a puzzle. This is what I've been waiting for. The electricity flows through my body at his touch and I hope I'm not the only one that can feel it. A fire burns everywhere he touches, and I twist my fingers in his hair, pulling us closer together.

He pulls away, and the feeling of disappointment at the loss of his touch, is so familiar. He puts his forehead to mine and closes his eyes. I breathe in the smell of his sweet cologne. I smile as I look at him. So peaceful. He opens his eyes and pushes a lock of hair behind my ear, like he does quite often.

"And for the record, love, from the day I laid eyes on you, I couldn't help but know this was going to happen." I blush. My face gets hot and I know that I'm a few more smooth words away from exploding.

I did it. I finally did it. After days of telling myself he wasn't worth it, that no guy was, I finally allowed myself to open up to an amazing man that could potentially the best thing to happen to me. And for once, I don't regret a thing.