Chapter Fifteen: Begin Again

{Done Editing}

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

{Skyler's P.O.V.}

I nodded and we went upstairs to get dressed. I put on a simple white t-shirt and a pare of jeans. I grabbed my light brown sweatshirt and walked downstairs. I decided to go comfy. I sat down on the couch and waited for the others. 

"Girls, you ready?" I asked after what seemed to be forever.

"COMING!" They both yelled walking down the stairs. I could hear the thump of high heels. I turned around to see that they both looked as if they were going to a party. Haley was wearing a pair of dark blue skinny jeans with a spaghetti-strapped pink floral shirt. She had her hair tied up in a nice bun and wore a black jacket. Emma was wearing a pare of bleached shorts with a few pre-cut rips and she had a  dark blue top As they walked towards me Emma was finishing putting on her last earring.

"You guys do know that we're going to the apartment across the hall, not a party, right?" I said with a questioning look on my face. They both looked at each other and laughed as they made there way towards the door.

"That apartment across the hall is a party." Haley said checking herself in the mirror before we went out the door. We got to the apartment and knocked on the door.

"COME IN." Niall yelled from inside the apartment. We walked in and as soon as Haley walked in Niall stood up fixing himself.

"To what do we owe the pleasure of these lovely ladies into our fine home?" Louis said pretending to act all fancy.

"Well, have you guys seen the news?" I asked and sat down on the couch. This place was kind of our second home now. I saw Harry walk into the room and avoided eye contact. After what happened last night things were strange between us. I wanted to talk to him, to see if he could explain to me what he was going to say the night before. I feel bad I didn't give him a chance to explain.

"No, what was on the news?" Zayn asked, waking me from my thoughts.

"Turn on channel 4." I said firmly grabbing the remote and flipping through channels until I came across the right one.

"....One direction went with a few friends to go camping, but only for one night? We have images that show them at a bond fire, and Skyler Williams what appears to be napping on the ground? All that after the break.." And then the T.V. went to commercials. 

"Skyler, why were you sleeping on the floor?" Niall said trying to contain his laughter.

"Remember how I said I was going to go out for a walk? Yeah, well I got lost and I guess I fell asleep but I don't know HOW the press got that picture." I said pointing to T.V. The rest of the boys all sat down on the couch just as the reporter came back on. They showed pictures and pictures of what was going on and I could feel my eyes begin to water. I blinked away the tears but I knew I wouldn't hold it in for long. 

"Hey guys, I'll be right back." I said and walked out the door. I didn't want to go back to my apartment because I knew Emma and Haley would be coming so I went to the roof instead. The roof had a nice view. It had a couple of lawn chairs at the top that I guess belonged to the boys. Only the people who lived on the last floor could access it.

When I realized I was alone, I began sobbing, but quietly. I let the tears stream down my face as I could feel a cold breeze. I loved Harry and I was sure he loved me, until I heard him say it was only about that dumb promise. The tears came down quicker. I don't know what had happened that night but I just want to forget about it. Sadly, it'll be everywhere for the next couple of weeks.

I heard footsteps but I didn't dare turn around. I had only enough time to wipe my tears away before i was grabbed by the hand. Suddenly, Harry's lips crashed into mine and we stood there in to cold. I missed him. It was a passionate kiss, but sweet. I missed this. A smile appeared on my face as and as we pulled apart, I looked into those gorgeous emerald eyes. The same eyes I fell for in the cafe, the first time we meet. He opened his eyes to and we just stood there smiling at each other. Finally he said something.

"Skyler, I don't care about that promise. I mean, I used to but the whole reason I wanted to know was because I didn't want anything troubling you. You are the best thing that ever happened to me and that day when I thought you would never speak to me again. I cried in my room for hours. Remember when  we first met, like two years ago on Wednesday? The whole time I wanted to get the courage to ask you out but I always got tongue tied. After I left I realized that I cant stand being away from you. I can't stand you being mad at me or hating me when the truth is, I love you." He said never taking his eyes off mine. I looked down and smiled.

"I love you too." I said and we walked back downstairs. Instead of going to finish watching the newscast, Harry and I went to the coffee shop I work at and it felt like that moment when we meet. I could hear a faint song coming from the radio on the counter, the perfect song that could play at this time.

Begin Again

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~