Our Love Will be Remembered... (Ch 24)

OUR LOVE WILL BE REMEMBERED...

Chapter 24

Some say we have to go back to our sources to understand ourselves. Going back to my sources only helped with Jane because of the whole killing her in the wood like I had killed my aunt’s dog in the wood thing.

It felt like a lifetime away when I think about it now…

So, while a part of me loved and cared deeply for Jane, another one, thought about how I could ever pull off killing her.

I almost feel bad when I think about that. Jane was the only murder that I actually had to almost plan.

I didn’t plan it actually, I just forced circumstances to make a favorable moment memorable and worth killing her over it.

It brings us back to my origins, to the woods, and more precisely, Jane’s family cabin, miles and miles away from civilization.

With the little experience I already had with this kind of thing I knew what I had to do. I would tell Jane to meet me at the cabin one weekend, ask her not to inform anyone that I would be there, or maybe not even mention she would be going there so we could spend time alone without being interrupted by our other friends that would like to be included in our small vacation.

And because I knew Jane I knew it would work. I would join her there, and then I would kill her.

The real question was, when should I do it?

I wasn’t used to that, used to planning a death, I was better at just acting when the time was right. So when would the time be right?

There was also this possibility, this infinitely small possibility that Jane wasn’t worth killing, that maybe I could just stay with Jane, always, in this comfortable situation and be happy. Because she did make me happy.

I loved her, and everyone around me did too.

She was the first woman I ever brought to meet my parents, and oddly, even if they didn’t especially love me, even if they completely hated anything that was related to their child having a romantic relationship, they loved her.

I even brought her to meet my aunt and she loved her too.

That’s why she needed to die. So things wouldn’t turn around and everyone wouldn’t start hating her.

So I finally picked a date. Ask her to go. She was so excited.

She left first. I told everyone I was going to go see my aunt, which I did, first.

I spent a day there, second guessing myself.

My aunt still had Juliet with her. She looked healthier by then. I had seen her getting more weight over the weeks, looking less faded. It did her good to stay with my aunt. She was still just as quiet though, only looking out the window and towards the forest, almost longingly. It intrigued me. But not enough to keep my thoughts away from the upcoming plan.

The second day I told my aunt I would go for a long trek, to see spots I had been going when I was just a child. She didn’t ask any questions.

And instead I jumped in a car and drove to join Jane.

When I arrived, Jane was so happy to see me; she felt so much like home that my plans almost crumbled. But I shook my doubts away.

That day, I asked her something I would only ask one more time.

I asked her to marry me.

The moment was perfect. And so just like all the others she had to die.

I hanged her on one of the wooden beams of the ceiling in the old cabin, after sending to my phone with her own “I’m sorry I can’t do this anymore.” After all, I had to cover my tracks.

In the end, people had assumed that Jane wasn’t as happy as she had let others seen. Some even thought she had been cheating on me and couldn’t take the pressure and guilt anymore and had ended her own life.

In the end, I was clear, as I always was, clear and free to love another woman.

My next love would be my eleventh. But it would not be my last.