Our Love Will Be Remembered... (Ch 13)

OUR LOVE WILL BE REMEMBERED...

Chapter 13

Lucie's love had been the calm, easy one I never truly had.

I still had a few months before coming back home and while I was on a more country part of my trip, I had bought an old bicycle and gone for a long ride. Obviously after many kilometers, one of the tires at gone flat.

I had walked to the nearest house to be greeted by an old man... and his daughter shortly after coming down the stairs to see who had come in.

I can only think of one way to describe her; country girl. She had that warm homey feeling, comforting. And her smiles...

Her father was a good man. He had offered me to stay at their places. When I had told him I was traveling, searching for myself almost, trying to know where I was going next, what I would do, he had immediately warmed up to me, and tried to sell me to the country life.

They had a farm, you see. And no one to take charge of it after the old man's death. Only his daughter. If they wanted the farm to stay in the family, it had to be the daughter's husband that would take care of it and obviously Lucie's father had seen my liking to his daughter.

But the thing is, she was exactly what I had needed at the time. Vacation. For the first time. A break from the stress. Everything was BUT stressful there.

A few moments I actually considered falling for her father attempt. Considered the country life. It brought deep joy to me.

Long walks in the lands, walking around the crops, sitting in haystack, playing with the cats, riding the horses, watching stars at night in the middle of the fields, meals around the table, food we had grown and made ourselves, watching Lucie doing her chores, her smiles always warming my chest every time I would step through the front door like I was what she had been waiting for all along, the swigging chair on the front porch, the easy way everything seemed to work, simple. It was fulfilling.

But only for a little while.

Up until Lucie had dragged me in the barns in the middle of the night and had given herself to me. She had really high morals you see. I will always remember everything about that night, about her sweetness and tenderness, her shyness... everything that made her Lucie.

And I loved her.

So she had to die.

And she did.

Her death was the ugliest of all for she had been he sweetest of them. She went through the harvester.

I cannot say I'm proud of that one but it was the only way to decently cover up the wounds on her chest from her ripped heart.