Our Love Will Be Remembered... (Ch 1)

OUR LOVE WILL BE REMEMBERED...

Chapter One

I told a few girls I loved them, heck over a dozen girls I loved them. And I meant it. Every single time my mouth formed these words and they escaped from my throat, rolling on my tongue, every single time I meant them. There was no lie coming out of my mouth. All these girls, I told them all. "Our love will be remembered my love, it will be worth remembering..." But maybe what I should have said was, "The love I feel for you all will be remembered..."

I was sixteen years old when I killed someone for the first time. Well technically it was on the eve of my sixteenth birthday but I still say I was sixteen. For some reason I think fifteen would just sound smug...

Fay Normand.

She was the girl next door. The girl I had spied on for years. She was always kind with me, but I never dreamt she could one day actually feel something for me. I was floating in my parents' gigantic pool, my arms spread like Jesus on the cross, my eyes closed, when the splash from her cannonball had hit my face. She had swum towards me smiling and I don't know why, at that moment, I knew things had changed...

Three weeks later, we were again in the said pool and it was a dark night. The moon was full, we could barely see the stars and I was holding her in my arms, our body in the water. We were worried that our parents would come back sooner from their night out, there was this adrenaline rush when you know you're doing something you shouldn't be doing but you still do it.

That sense of forbidding was the beginning of my calling. The first time I understood there were crucial things you needed to make love memorable.

The moment seemed perfect.

You know that moment, when you just want to freeze time. When everything fells perfect and you'd give anything for things to just stay that way... Well I do. Every time I feel it come, every time I know that moment is there, I seize it, and I kill her.

With Fay I felt that moment that night when she had said "I love you Tristan"

I didn't want this perfect night to end. I wanted it to stay this perfect, untouched. I wasn't stupid. I knew that if things kept going like this we'd go out for a while, we'd probably fight, maybe stay together, get married if we were lucky enough... I was scheming quickly you know... anyway, even if we didn't end up married I knew that nothing could compare to this moment. Nothing, ever. And I didn't want to taint this love that felt so perfect. I wanted to seal it shut and keep it in this perfect state of bliss.

So I kissed Fay. And against her lips I told her I loved her too... and then, she said the words that would change everything.

"I'm giving you my heart Tristan..." she had whispered. She was smiling widely, the way a teenager in love smiles to "the one" and then she had kissed me again.

That second, my mind sped two hundred miles per hour, thinking about what I should do. If I did what I wanted to do, then things would forever be changed.

This scheme had already been building up in my mind, for years now, but now facing it, I didn't know if it was the right time, if I would do things the right way...

I didn't think one second about the consequences. I didn't think about how immoral what I was about to do would be. All I thought about was the fact that I would do our love a favor if I did what I wanted to do...

"Are you sure?" I had asked her, my hands holding the back of her neck, keeping her face close to mine.

"Yes!" she had answered me smiling.

"Then, our love will be remembered, my love, it will be worth remembering..." and then my fingers had circled around her throat and I had sunk her under water. She looked like an angel in the pool blue water, her hair floating around her face, only lightened by the moon. I hadn't planned for it to be so beautiful, for it to be so magical...

She had fought against me but I was in good shape and after a few minutes she had stop struggling and she was dead, her blond hair still floating around her angel face.

I guess I should have felt some kind of grief, but instead I was feeling our love, our perfect love that now could never be taint by anything.

I had dragged her out of the pool, caring her in my arms, holding her against my body, and I could still feel the love when I had brought her in the basement and even when I had opened her chest and ripped her heart out.

I still have it...

Like every other.

Though this one isn't preserved as well as the others... In my defense, I was still a rookie...