Our Love Will Be Remembered... (Ch 2)

OUR LOVE WILL BE REMEMBERED

Chapter 2

My father always said there was something wrong with me. I don't blame him. I guess having a son like me was hard.

The first time my father looked at me strangely was after my aunt dog died.

See, my name's Tristan. I guess my parents never had luck with me... Anyway, being the romantic I am, I always wanted to find my Isolde. And for some strange ironic reason, my aunt had called her god damn golden retriever Isolde! You have no idea how much this infuriated me! How could you blaspheme a legend like this?

I was looking for my perfect Isolde and with a strange twist of faith the one meant for me was a golden retriever!!! I couldn't let such a sacrilege live on! I had to take it away! It was my duty to wipe it away!

So one night, while we were staying at her house in the mountains, I took the dog out with me, bringing a knife along, and then when we were far away from the house, I called it to me, and I slit its throat.

I was twelve at the time but luckily the dog was still small. And I knew where the artery was. My mother had showed it all to me. My mother, the great cardiologist.

I had stabbed the dog over and over again, and for some reason felt a great sense of pleasure every time the blade cut through the flesh. It was odd... Plus there just was something about that feeling of absolute power and control you have over one's life when you're holding that knife.

Or tying that rope...

Or squeezing that neck...

Or pulling that trigger...

Or pouring that poison in the drink...

The next morning, everyone had been looking everywhere for the god damn dog. My aunt, of course, was hyperventilating. She said she loved that damn dog!!

How could you love a dog?? How could the word love be attached to something as futile as what she was feeling towards that creature!? I had done every one a favor by killing the damn thing!

Four hours later, my cousin had found the dog in the forest. Everyone concluded it was an animal attack.

But my father had looked at me with those eyes... The eyes of someone who knows but really doesn't want to... Someone who already knows way too much but decided to hide it all...

I guess I really gave my father a hard time... But can you blame me? What I was looking for was in fact the noblest feeling of all.

All I ever wanted in my life was to love. I wanted to experience it all! I wanted to experience every kind of love possible! That was my goal. A simple goal, yet I couldn't bear the thought that once I had reached one kind of love it would slowly fade...

It sickened me to think of it. Because if the love fades then what was the point of loving in the first place? It stains the love and it loses all its beauty...

I wanted what Shakespeare had written, that: "These violent delights have violent ends

And in their triumph die, like fire and powder " I wanted that. I wanted the end to be an explosion, not the diming of a candle... I wanted my love to end in triumph! In its glory! That's how I wanted my love to end.

No other way...