CHAPTER TWELVE

Screw answers. I just want Luke. I just want to kiss him again. I want to hold him, tell him everything is going to be okay. That nobody will ever hurt him again. That I l-

"H-Hey." Luke coughed.

"Hi, didn't think you'd actually show." I replied.

"Well, I did." He said laughing. His laugh. Damn did I miss that.

"I just wanted to hang out with you." I said. He looked around sarcastically,

"Who, me?" He asked.

"Yes you. You seem pretty chill." I laughed.

"I know I pizza place near by. It's really good." Luke said.

"Let's go." I said as we started walking. He smiled and lead the way. We walked around to the front of the school and to his car. He opened the door for me, I smiled thanking him. He ran around then started the car. We pulled put of the school parking lot and on to the road. We drove for awhile before arriving at a small pizza place in the downtown area. 

We exited the car, walking up the curb and into the small restraunt. We walked up to the counter and Luke started to order as if he has been here a million times. He looks at me after he's done. "Um, can I have a medium Hawaiian pizza and a drink, please."

"Sure thing, will that be all?" the nice little lady asked.

"Yes. Thank you Mrs. Rodney." Luke said. I then realized he has been here a lot to know the people who work here.

"Oh, Luke, how many times have I told you to call me Casey?" Mrs. Rodney told him laughing. He laughed along. He really has a beautiful laugh. It's amazing. It really is. We sat down at a booth near the window.

It was a bit silent for a while. Being with Luke was just so amazing that I almost forget why I was there in the first place. "So... I trailed off, unsure of where to start. 

I noticed his hands on the table, his long, slender fingers intertwined with each other. Then I noticed the same scars peeking out of his long sleeves. I took his arm in my hands. I traced the spots where I knew the cuts were and I asked him the same question I previously asked. "Why?" Luke was silent, biting down on his lip. I rubbed the palm of his hand gently, knowing that he didn't cut there. "You can trust me, Luke," I reassured him. 

 "What if you're like everyone else?" Luke whispered. "What if you just use this information to torment me? What if...?" I kissed Luke gently, cutting him off in the middle of his sentence. They say it's easy to save someone's life when they know you love them. "W-what..." Luke sputtered when we finally separated. 

 "I love you," I said truthfully. "Now do you trust me?"

"That can't be true, I-I barely know you. You never pay attention to me, all you do is watch your stupid jock of a boyfriend bully me. You know, everyday I was waiting, hoping that you would interfere. And magically today you did." He said quickly, then sighing," I-I need to go. See you around, Hayden."

And with that he ran right out of the restraunt. Levaing me to walk home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!!! This chapter is special because I didn't write it alone!

I have posted recently about getting a co-writer and someone messaged me so go give hazzabearlashton a follow!

Thank you for reading!

Vote and comment

~erin.x