1- San Francisco

Percy's POV

"Hey! Wake up... how many times do I have to contact your mom to wake you up?!" Grover, my agent, shouted in my ear.

"Five more minutes."

"Uhuh... Last time you said that, you slept for an hour. You missed two interviews because of that! There's no getting out of this one. You have an important interview today. Besides, you have an announcement to make, right?"

"Fine...fine," I groaned as I gained my senses. I climbed out of bed and yawned.

"I'll wait for you outside. You have 30 minutes to dress up," Grover said as he shut the hotel room's door.

You know, before I signed up for this whole superstar gig, I thought it was just sit back, relax, answer questions, and sing. Boy, was I wrong. I always have to go through back alleys trying to get the paparazzi of my back. I'd even wear sunglasses at night. If I knew it was going to be this crazy, I would've said a quick no. Can't go back now.

Grover is a great manager, but he can be a bit bossy. During chill times, he acts like the young guy he is. He's only 22, yet he's doing so well in the agency business. During work times, I can barely see a hint of youth in him. So serious. He's like a superhero. Agent by day, teenager by night. Yeah, something like that.

I'm just grateful Grover helped my mom and I out of debts. My mom is back at New York. After I made enough money from being in the music industry, I bought a better house for my mom. She's a lot happier now that she's not with Smelly Gabe. She found another love, Paul Blofis. Blowfish. He's pretty cool. He's an English teacher. Mom says that my real dad, died at sea. He was in the navy. Died or lost. The navy never found his body. He died when I was about 5.

I showered, might've sung some Bieber. No shame. After I brushed my teeth, I dressed up in my regular sea-green shirt, black pants, and black converse. I know pretty ordinary clothes for a superstar, but what can you do? I threw on a black leather jacket. Once I looked decent, I walked out the room, and locked the door. I met Grover at the lobby of the hotel.

"Hey, you're new record. 20 minutes. Keep that up. We might need that soon, if you keep waking up late," Grover smirked. He handed me a breakfast sandwich.

"Hey! Cut me some slack. I got jet lagged," I whined as Grover guided me through the door and into the limo. We went inside, and the driver started driving. At least the paparazzi aren't here, yet. They're a pain in the ass.

San Francisco is beautiful. Not like New York City, where it's too crowded. It's a nice change. I might ask Grover, if I can take a walk.

We finally arrived at Sarah Wilde's, she's the big time interviewer. (A.N. I made that up ;)) We climbed out of the limo, and were met with the blinding flashes of the paparazzi. Grover and I were ushered into the huge, glass building past the paparazzis, by who I guess to be Sarah's assistants. We went past the lobby and into the elevator. The assistants led Grover and I to a guest room, behind the actual stage. Sarah Wilde walked in and welcomed us.

"Percy Jackson and Grover Underwood! Welcome. We'll start your interview in a couple of minutes. Just sit down, and be comfortable. I'll cue you in," Sarah said. "I heard you have a pretty big announcement. Can't wait to hear it."

"Sure thing Sarah," I said nervously, running my hand through my messy hair.

"You'll do great!" She said. With that, she went back to her stage, as commercial break ended. I left Grover in the room. I walked towards the back of the stage, waiting for the producers to cue me in.

My hands started to get clammy. I've done plenty of interviews before, I don't understand why I'm nervous now. I feel anxiety, excitement, and nervousness all in one. I shouldn't have eaten that chocolate bar on the way here. Oh well.

"This 18 year old teen superstar rocketed into fame when a video of him singing and playing the guitar went viral. Since then, he has written his own music and earned number 1 on different music charts. He traveled the world and earned two Grammy Awards at the age of 18. Please welcome, Percy Jackson!" Sarah said as she stood up clapping with the rest of the audience. I walked out of my corner and into the loud studio. I waved and did a little dance as they played The Hills by The Weeknd. I sat down onto the sofa.

"Hey guys! How are you all doing?" I said as I tried to gain my composure. Oh gods.

"We're doing well, Percy. I'm happy for you that you've won two Grammys two days ago. How grateful are you that you're only 18 years old and already have two Grammys?" Sarah asked.

"I'm truly grateful with the blessings and support that my fans have given me. They're are amazing fans, and I promise them that I'll repay them. I was just a stuttering mess up on that stage," I said as Sarah laughed.

"Your fans really love you and you were great up there. I know you're one of the few celebrities that keeps in touch with their fans. You're posting pictures everyday on Instagram. You live chat with your fans every other month. How exhausting is that?"

"I try my best to keep in touch with them. It's one of my ways for saying thank you for their support. It's exhausting, but I wouldn't be here without them."

"Amazing. Rumors have been spreading around and it's all about you!" Sarah said with her bright eyes. She's too cheery. I feel like she didn't even listen to what I just said.

"Oh boy!" I said as the audience laughs.

"People have said that you have a girlfriend, and that you're leaving the music industry. So many of them that I can't say all!"

"Err... I don't have a girlfriend, sadly. Still have to find the perfect one. I'm trying to find one with substance. One who doesn't care about what I'm doing for a living. The leaving one is a good one though."

"Why? Are you leaving?!"

"Yes. I mean no! Well, yes. I'm leaving for a few months, at least six months. I just want to start off my senior year amazing. Going back to a regular high school in New York. I'll still be posting on my Instagram and live chats, but not as frequent though." I said as I glanced at the shocked audience.

"We'll wish you luck with your decision. Let's give it up for Percy Jackson! All of you will receive his new album called Sing!" Sarah shouted over the excited audience. I waved goodbye to the audience and hugged Sarah. I walked out of the building, Grover at my side. Automatically, paparazzis swarmed us asking me about my decision. I rushed past them and got inside the limo.

"Grover, am I free now?" I said exhaustedly.

"Yeah. You're free for the rest of today and tomorrow. Our flight is at 10 pm tomorrow." 

"Ok, cool," I sighed.

If only they knew what's in my head.

____