44- See You Soon

*Just to clear up any confusion, this is after the school year ended. They already graduated.

-

Percy's POV

"Mr. Jackson, please make your goodbyes quickly or else a crowd will grow," an airport security guard said to me.

This was it. Grover, my team, and I gathered up our luggage at the drop-off section. The airport security guards were kind enough to lend us some help incase of a forming stampede, but just because they lent us help did not particularly mean they like us. I can tell that with us being here, we are making their job harder. They were there to keep things in order, but how could they do that when we brought tons of luggage and a crowd of my family and friends. Even in the busy JFK airport, we definitely stood out from the rest of the boarding passengers. The security wouldn't let anyone, who came to say goodbye to us, to go with us in the airport for check-in. They said they wanted the process to take as little time and space. Whatever that means.

"You always seem to leave." Jason clasped my back. "See you in a year, Perce."

"When I come back, you and Piper better be engaged," I teased. He grew red and looked at Piper, who was talking with Grover, Juniper, and Annabeth.

"Shut up," he muttered and walked away. Leo and Calypso walked towards me with their hands were intertwined.

"Finally, you two are officially together," I said.

"She couldn't resist my sizzling hot charm," Leo said. Calypso rolled her eyes. "All the ladies fall for me... eventually."

Calypso lightly punched his stomach. "You better not be using your so called 'charm' with anyone else."

"Never, love," Leo said, taking his hand from Calypso and using it to sling it around her waist.

I chuckled. I always love their banter. "Bye, guys. I'll see you in a year."

"Call us, okay?" Leo asked. I nodded and hugged both of them. Frank, Hazel, Piper, and the Stolls came up to me next.

Hazel wrapped her arms around me. "I'm getting emotional, now. Catch up with us when you have the time." She pulled away and sure enough, her eyes were watery. She fanned her face and breathed deeply. I hugged Piper as well and said my farewells to Frank and the Stolls as well. I wouldn't say this in front of the Stolls, but I'll miss their pranks. At the same time, it's nice to not always watch my back.

Mom and Paul walked towards me. Mom had tears in her eyes.

"I know. I know. I should be getting used to you leaving, but..." She started saying. I gave her a big hug.

"It's okay, Mom," I said, "I'll do miss your cookies, you and Paul."

She let go of me and got a ziplock bag filled with her specialty: blue cookies.
"Thought you might want some."

I took it and put it in my backpack. "I love you, Mom."

"I love you too," she said. I hugged And said bye to Paul also.

Thalia and Nico came up to me, wearing the same, bland expression.
"Don't be stupid," Thalia said.

"I've done this so many times, and I've not done a single stupid thing," I said. They gave me a look. "Okay, maybe a couple, but I'm still breathing."