23- Blue Dolphin

Percy's POV

"What's next on the list, Mr. Tour Guide?" Annabeth asked, while buckling her seat belt.

We just came down from the Empire State Building. Just in time too. When we exited, the entrance started to get packed.

Before leaving, we picked up souvenirs. I didn't need one, but it would be nice to have something. Besides, tourist attractions strategically place souvenir shops right near the exit! Those shops are very tempting. Damn you, souvenir shops! Annabeth insisted on buying each other a souvenir, so I got her a small figurine of King Kong on top of the Empire State. Hey, she said to buy "any souvenir". Might as well get her the most ridiculous one in there. She bought me a green t-shirt with a drawing of the building on it. The most practical one to get, besides magnets.

"The next stop will be our last stop," I said. Annabeth looked at me weirdly.

"It's only 10 a.m.," she said, taking the camera from my lap. I buckled my seatbelt and turned on the engine. The truck croaked. Ugh. I need to tell Frank to get this car fixed. He's had this truck for forever.

"The last stop needs the rest of the day. If we don't go there now, then we won't get through most of Coney Island," I grinned at her, placing my hands on the steering wheel. She took a photo of me. There was only 20 films in there, and we already used three of them!

"Since when did you become a planner?" She asked, waving the finished film around. "The fact that you woke up early is surprising, but you planning this? Who are you?!"

"I'm Percy, the sweetest, handsomest, and the most amazing guy you have ever met." I joked. "Waking up was the hardest part. Can't believe I woke up at 6 am for this. It's okay, though. You're worth it."

She fought back a smile and pursed her lips at me. "You're corny, you know that?"

"I know. You better get used to it," I said, starting to drive off to Coney Island.

-

Four hours and 5 rides later, our bodies were starting to grow tired of walking around and are bored of the lines for rides. When it was Annabeth's turn to pick the ride, she'd pick the thrill rides. We mostly went on rollercoasters, which I was happy about. 

"One more ride then we'll eat. You can pick this time," Annabeth said. When she said that, I immediately thought of the Wonder Wheel. I grinned at her and grabbed her hand. I dragged her to the line, which wasn't too long.

"The ferris wheel?" She asked in confusion. "Out of all the other ones, you chose this one?"

"Trust me. It's cool up there. Dad used to bring me here, and we would ride this ferris wheel," I said. She smiled at me, and we waited patiently for our turn.

Before Dad... died, he used to take my younger self here whenever Mom was working back at the candy store. Every time we came here, we always rode the ferris wheel. We would go on the swinging ones, not the stationary ones. It's tradition. We saw the view of the beach, which calmed us down from the chaotic scene below. When he passed away, I haven't been on the ferris wheel since. I couldn't ask mom to go with me either because it's dad and I's thing.

Once it was our turn, Annabeth and I went in. I sat across from her. It was swinging around, which made Annabeth laugh. I took this as the perfect opportunity to take a picture, so I took out the camera from Annabeth's bag- I was too lazy to carry it- and snapped a picture. The film came out, and I tucked the camera and the film back into her bag.