26- Take Care of Her

Percy's POV

It's almost been a week, since Annabeth and I started dating. We've came into an agreement that we can do couple stuff at Goode or anywhere when I'm as Peter, since I go by Peter almost every single day. It would be hard to keep holding back. All we had to do was not get caught by the paparazzi when I'm going as myself.

Can't be that hard, right? Hopefully not.

Annabeth and I didn't tell anyone that we're dating, but we didn't hold back on holding hands and stuff like that. Trust me. I would never hold back. We didn't make a big deal about it and let everyone assume what they want.

Halfway through the week, everyone in school already knew. People started staring, asking questions, and talking behind Annabeth and my back about being "such a cute couple". I don't know why, but every time they stared at me, I feel conscious. I should be used to it, since I spent roughly two years dealing with people's awkward stares. I guess, it's weird knowing that people are staring because I'm dating someone that almost everyone in the school knew, rather than being stared at for being a celebrity.

Thalia, Piper, and Hazel got pretty pissed that Annabeth and I didn't tell them first. Jason, Frank, Nico, the Stolls, and Leo sighed in relief. They were just happy that Annabeth and I finally "got together after constant flirting" as Leo had put it. Come on, we don't flirt that much.

Once news had reached through the school (even the teachers), Rachel and Calypso grew mad because the attention has been given to Annabeth and I, rather than Rachel and Calypso's outfits. I swear, they wore shorter clothes to attract attention. It's sad how an innocent girl like Calypso changed so fast. It seemed like it was a week ago that I met her on the staircase, crying because people picked on her.

As I walked down the hallway to my locker, Luke darted around the corner. The one person who I haven't seen for most of the week because he's been absent.

He jumped. I walked past him to get to my locker, which was nearby.

"Peter, wait!" Luke caught up to me. I opened my locker and started getting my books in and out.

"Uh, yeah?" I said, trying to pay attention to both Luke and the notebooks I'm getting.

"I heard you and Annabeth started dating," he said, leaning on the locker next to mine. I stopped what I was doing and looked at him.

He had a sad expression, but there was something else. His eyes sort of gleamed... Like he was hopeful. Hopeful of what? Sad and hopeful? Weird combination.

"Yeah, news travels fast here, huh?" I said, sheepishly. He just nodded. I thought he was going to leave, but he still stood there, making me uncomfortable. I finished taking out and putting back things in my locker and locked it.

He stuffed his hands down his front pockets. "Can you do me a favor?"

I raised my eyebrows. "Depends. You're not gonna make me do your homework, right? Because you're asking the wrong person."

Luke chuckled for a moment, but cleared his throat. "Uh, no. I...I...Take care of Annabeth, will you?"

"E-excuse me?" I stammered. I got caught off guard. This guy, the guy who had bad blood with Annabeth, is telling me to take care of her... Wow.