Chapter 8: Johnny + Bree = Forever

Johnny's point of View

     I watched as Bree, and Ely left, I wanted to tell Bree how I felt but I didn't know how. I mean she's been with so many guys why would she like a little guy like me? I feel asleep on the couch, but I was woken up by two-bit "C'mon Johnny, you gotta little Crush on Bree?" He asked. "H-how do you know?" I asked "You where just talkin' in your sleep. Bud you got a crush on her." He said with a smirk. "No I don't. And I don't talk in my sleep." I said wondering if I do. "Yeah you do Johnny you said I love you Bree" He said makin' me mad. "Quit it, two butts." I said makin' myself laugh. "Good one Johnny." Pony said comin' out of the bathroom. Two-bit shut up and turned around and watched Mickey mouse. I was waiting for Dally to come in, but I forgot he's with Catherine so he won't be around as much. He was like my big brother, I didn't tell nobody. But I don't know what I would do without him. "Aye Johnny boy." Steve said as he messed up my hair. I moved away I hate it when people mess with my hair, especially  if its Steve.

   Dally and Catherine walked in, "Mornin'." Dally said as he threw himself down on the couch, he didn't hold the door for Catherine or nothin'. I would have. Catherine pushed Dally's legs out of the way and sat down, Dally put his legs over hers and smirked. She shook her head, and looked at the TV. Steve was eating chocolate cake and tried to feed Soda, some and failed. Soda was known for walking around naked in the house, he didn't like clothes. "Cover up will ya? Catherine's in the house." Dal said shooing Soda. "That's alright, she's seen this before. She's use to it." Soda said as he put on his DX cap. Dally didn't look amused. Soda sat down next to Catherine, still naked, she didn't seem to mind. I wonder if her dad ever did anything like that while he was around. Or she was just attracted to Soda. Which is very possible. Bree and Ely walked in "Hey.Oh Soda cover up." Ely said as she punched him in the arm. Soda got up and left the room, but came back dressed. 

   "Catherine. We ran into your dad....." Bree trailed off she looked so perfect like I don't know just perfect. "My dad?" She asked standing up. "You mean my real dad or...?" She asked. "Real." Bree said. "My dad? The cowboy...." She trailed off. "Yeah. He's in town and wanted to see if you were around, He'S HOT!!!!" Bree shouted. "My dad's hot?" Catherine asked. "Yes, Damn he is fine," Ely said. "Why must we be related then I love myself a cowboy." Catherine said as she followed Bree, and Ely. "A Cowboy." Dally said shaking his head. "It's always a cowboy." Soda said. "No wonder she rides so damn fine." Dally said biting his lip. "Ridin' what?" Pony asked. "Rid-" "Riding Horses Pony." Darry said giving Dally the eye. "Do you think she could teach me?" Pony asked. Dally started cracking up and so did two-bit. "You gay pony?" Two-bit asked laughing. "What no." Pony said as he began to blush.

   "Well you made yourself sound that way!" Two-bit managed to get out. "I don't understand." Pony said looking at me for help. I'll tell him later I figured after I found out what Dally meant. We were both puzzled I just hid it. I wanted to ask out Bree, it's just that Cowboy ruined it for Pony, Dally, and I. I stood up, I figured I'd go see this cowboy. I walked out of the house with Pony, and Dal right behind me. We stopped when we got close enough he sure was handsome. I mean from a girls eye. Catherine smirked. "I'm free." She said Dally wasn't just gonna stand around and watch. He  walked over to the guy and grabbed him by the collar. "Listen bud, mess with my girl, and I'll beat you up." Dally said. "She's my daughter. And I'm just takin' her out to dinner chill." He said as he pushed Dal off. 

  Bree and Ely walked towards us. "You were spying on us?" Bree asked. "Bree I can explain." I started. I remembered what Dal said just do it. I grabbed her and kissed her. I pulled back, and she kissed me back "I've been waiting forever." She said smiling. "So have I." I said as a smiled. I grabbed her hand softly. "Bree, will you be my girl?" I asked "Of Course." She said with a smile. Dally gave me a thumbs up. We all knew Pony wasn't gonna ask Ely or try to talk to her. Ely's smile fadded once she figured out Pony wasn't gonna ask her out today. I don't know if he will ever. Bree and I walked to the Curtis house holding hands. Pony followed and so did Ely. Dally stayed behind with Catherine. 

Bree's point of view

    I was so happy, my heart was racing, I couldn't believe Johnny Cade just kissed me, and asked me to be his girl. I've always liked him, I don't think there was ever a day that I got mad at him or even tried not to like him. Everything seems to be working out for me right now. I smiled, I couldn't stop smiling either, you could tell that we were both happy and we wouldn't end anytime soon. Not like Zoe. I didn't want to go like her, I want to die in Johnny's arms. Not now of course, but after we get married, have kids, and our kids have had kids. Then I will allow myself to go, as long as Johnny's there with me through all of it. I knew when he kissed me we are forever. Forever doesn't have an end. But our lives do. We will still be together in heaven or hell, where ever we end up. We will be like now. Holding hands, smiling, talking, breathing, hugging, and inlove. If we ever separate, I think I may die life without him means life without air. We walked towards a tree, he pulled out a switch blade and carved Johnny + Bree= Forever with a heart around it. I love him.