Chapter 9: Pony make a move

Ponyboy's point of view 

   I laid in bed thinking about Ely, man was she a beauty. But so was a lot of other girls, but she seemed to be the smart pretty, who seems tough, but isn't really. Maybe she liked me, "Soda." I said as I rolled over and looked at him. "Yeah?" He asked as he looked at me. "Do yah think that Ely likes me?" I asked "Yah Pony, I mean who doesn't?" He asked as he inched closer to me. "Well Dal doesn't." I said. "Sure he does Pony, he's just too tough to say it." Soda said "I'm cold Soda." I said as I shivered. He hugged me, making me feel safe, and warmer. I feel asleep in his arms, but woke up on the floor. "Pony, how did you get down there?" Darry asked "I don't know." I said as I sat up. I took a quick shower, last time I showered was yesterday. "Pony, c'mon you gonna use all the hot water." Darry said as he peeked his head in. "Alright, I'm getting out." I said as I turned off the water. Luckily  I was done, but I acted like I was mad. Which I wasn't. 

   I dried off, and walked back to Soda, and I's bedroom, and got dressed. Didn't really pay attention to what I threw on. I went back into the bathroom and greased up my hair, while Soda was in the shower. We all didn't mind, if we were to come in the bathroom while we were showerin'. I brushed my teeth, and then went into the kitchen to make breakfast. Two-bit already had started to eat the chocolate cake, I probably won't be able to get a piece, Steve already had eaten half of it. "Hey Pony-loser." Steve said as he ate some of the chocolate cake out of his hand. "Hey Steve." I said "Watcha doin'?" He asked "Cookin' breakfast." I said back not looking at him. I made myself some eggs, and eat them fast before Dal could come and take them. "Don't you got school today?" Steve asked. "Don't feel too good." I said, I didn't really, I got the worst head ache, and my stomach is botherin' me. He just laughed and walked over to Soda who laid naked on the couch. 

   "Soda, we are gonna be late." Steve said as he tired to feed Soda. "I'll be ready in a minute." Soda said as he jumped up and ran into our bedroom. He came back out all ready for work in his DX shirt, and DX cap. He was a real looker. You know one of those guys a girl can't keep her eyes off him, even Catherine looks at him often, but they are like best buds. I remember when Catherine first started coming over, Soda told me that he liked her, I wonder if he still does. I doubt it, Catherine is one of those girls, you like but don't tell anybody 'cause if Dal finds out you are gonna be in world of hurt. Catherine and Dally walked in, Catherine and Soda ran right into each other, they both laughed and got up. Soda was all pink, Catherine was a little bit, but you could tell she was hiding it from Dally. Steve, and Soda walked out of the house and got in Darrys pick up truck. "Darry I an'it goin' to school today." I said as I put away my dishes. "Why?" He asked. "I don't feel good." I said feeling a little sick to my stomach as Darry looked at me. "Take medicine, and stay with Two-bit, or Catherine." He said. 

   Two-bit, and Catherine that's a hard choice, funny, or funny. Pretty, or goofy lookin'. Tough or tough. Good with people, or good with people. I decided to stay with both of 'em now they both had to stay here and take care of me. Dally didn't like this at all. He keeps callin' me Ponychild. "Dally, would you stop, his name is Ponyboy." Catherine said. Dally just turned and looked at her, I swear his is gonna beat the shit out of her the second Darry, and Soda get home. He didn't say anything he just gave her the eye. I could tell she knew, Dally flipped her off a lot when she wasn't lookin' "Ponychil- Ponyboy, why do you gotta be sick all the damn time?" Dally asked, all three of us turned and looked back at Dally who was sitting in on the couch. "I an'it sick all the damn time." I said knowing that, that wasn't smart at all. "What did you say you Little shit?" Dally asked getting up, and started walkin' towards me. Catherine stood up. "Dal, I've had enough of you." Catherine said right to his face. Dally took a step back and he's eyes looked hurt for a second but when back to being cold. 

   The rest of the day Dally, looked a little sick himself. Like he had just been shot or somethin' I thought they were the happiest couple alive. Last night that's how it seemed. somethin' must be buggin' Dal. Darry, Soda, and Steve got home at 5 we all sat around the TV and watched Mickey Mouse. Except Dally, he just sat in the arm chair, just lookin' right at the wall, like he asleep with his eyes wide opened. Catherine seemed to be okay, but Soda could tell if she wasn't okay, she was real good at hiding her emotions. Soda just rubbed her back soothingly. I always thought that they would be the ones to get married and have kids, but he's been talking about that with he's girl Sandy, I've seen her with other guys, kissin' and everythin' I just don't tell him it would kill him. Ely walked in, "Hey everybody, Cat!" She said as she sat down on the floor next to Catherine. "Hey, and Yah?" Catherine asked. "Your mom is back from the trip, and so is your sister they wanted me to tell you to come home, so you can meet your new dad." Ely said smiling. "Why you smilin'?" Catherine asked. "Aren't you excited?" Ely asked. "Not really." Catherine said. Ely looked stunning. 

   "Oh C'mon just because your dad ran off doesn't mean you can block every male figure out of your life." Ely said. "Ely shut it. You weren't there. Okay. I don't give a shit. Okay? I don't want another dad. in-fact I'm never getting married. You get tied now with bullshit, and that's not what I want. If I ever meet a guy who comes up to my exceptions then maybe just maybe will I ever think about it." Catherine snapped. "Well I'm sorry my dad didn't beat the shit out of me, and left. Okay I'm sorry little miss perfect." Ely Snapped back. Catherine's eyes became cold. Catherine stood up, and ran out of the house. Everybody knew she couldn't take it when anybody talked about her father. Dally got, up and ran after her. Dally still looked lifeless. Ely, got up and walked outside. I walked out after her, she stood leaning against the tree in the front yard, I walked out to her. "Hey." I said "Hi." She said not looking up. "You okay?" I asked. "No." She said as she hugged me and hid her face in my shirt. "Why am I so stupid? Catherine has done nothing but helped me. I need to tell her I'm sorry." She said. 

  "You are so perfect." I said "What?" She asked pulling away. "I said you are so perfect." I said again. "Awe Pony, you are so sweet." She said as she hugged me. "I love you Ely, and I always have." I whispered in her ear. "I love you too Pony." She said I pulled back and kissed her, she smiled. "Lets go find Catherine before she does somethin' stupid." She said. I'm inlove with her. I can't ever lose her. I can't If I do I'll go crazy. I'm inlove with Ely.