Chapter 12: The Rumble

Bree's point of view

    We walked in the rain to the park, Catherine, and Dally were gonna get married, I wonder what her parents would think. But she don't give a damn. Her parents could be dead and she wouldn't even care. Well maybe she would a little. She looked so happy, and surprisingly so did Dal. Once we got to the park, Ely, Catherine, and I ran, and climbed up a tree to watch. "You are Dal are gettin' married, I want to Marry Pony." Ely whispered. I saw the mustangs comin' "Mustangs." I whispered loud enough for some greaser to here, he nodded and passed it on. I was freezing, we all huddled together, "I'm freezin'." I whispered. "Shh.." Catherine whispered, She moved over onto a different branch, I feel this one starting to break, so we all moved to separate ones. 

   "Darrel." Some Soc said as they all lined up, "Corey." Darry said back Dal punched a soc in the face starting the fight. "Man, I wanna beat somebody up." Ely said "We can't." I said "Rules are rules, I wanna beat somebody up too, but rules." Catherine whispered, not takin' her eyes off the rumble down below. Catherine tried to warm up her hands, "Lets go we are gonna get sick, if we stay here any longer." She said as looked for away down that they won't see us. She jumped down, and started running, she ran towards Bob's car, and popped the tires, and smashed the windows, you couldn't hear it over the rumble, we jumped down and followed her to the Curtis house. She was laughing by the time we got to the Curtis house, "Did you see his car?" She asked laughing "We did that same to some other car," I said laughing a little too. "Lets get ready to clean up the boys." She said as she got out a first aid kit, they had two in the house. Ely ran out to Catherine's car, and got the other one. 

   We heard Steve shout "WE GOT THEM GOOD!!" we all laughed, they came in, and Dally looked so bad, "Did they like there cars?" Catherine asked. "Yeah, they got a real kick out of it, nice one!" Two-bit laughed. We tired to help but Catherine's really the only one who can deal with this stuff. Soda busted his lip open, it looked horrible, I ran to the bathroom, and threw up. It was so nasty. "You okay?" Johnny asked, as he came in. He had a black eye, and a bloody nose. "I'm fine." I said as I washed my face. "You sure?" He asked. "Fine." I said I dried my face, and followed Johnny out of the bathroom, I went into the kitchen and got myself a glass of water to get taste away. 

Catherine's point of View

    I cleaned Dally's cuts it looks like he had been attacked by a pile of glass, or a busted sodapop bottle. He had one real bad one, that went across his forehead, I cleaned it out, first and put a clothe around it, it bleed threw it really quick. After I finished cleaning out the rest of his cuts, I took it off. He grabbed onto my wrist, and squeezed it real tight. I'm guessing it hurt. I attempted to get the blood off, and put a bandage on it. He looked pretty funny, but there was 6 more of them that needed to be helped too. Darry helped himself so it was only 5. Ely and Bree couldn't stand blood, so they sat in the kitchen. "Do I look tuff?" Steve asked. "Steve, you have a hole in your lip, a black eye, and you're missing a tooth." I said "So I look Tuff." He said "No, It looks like you fell off your bike." I said put a wet clothe on his eye, and stitched up his lip. 

   He kept messin' with it after I was done, I was working on Two-bit who kept cracking jokes, that made no sense, so I just laughed at him. "Steve!" I shouted "What?" He asked "Touch your lip one more." I said warning him "It feels weird." He said. I didn't look up, "Leave it Steve." I said "Fine." he said. I cleaned out everybody's cuts, and fixed them up kind of, then went back to Dally. I need to get closer to him but I didn't know how, or if he was hurting anywhere else. I sat in front of him,"Baby, you can sit in my lap if you need to work closer." he said. I sat in his lap facing him, and took off the bandage, he kept on looking down, "Dal, stop looking down." I said as I tried to stop the cut from bleeding. 

   He moved his hands to my thighs, and slowly moved his hands, up and down my thighs, I slapped his hand. He wrapped his arms around my torso, and pulled me closer, so now I was chest to chest with him. I smiled, and whiped the blood that dripped down from the cut on his head. It wasn't bleeding as much anymore, but he lost a lot of blood. He brought his lips to my neck, and slowly kissed down to my chest, I pulled his head back up "No Dal." I said as I whiped off the blood, that dripped down his neck. I whiped his cut one more time, and cleaned it again, before I put a bandage on it. "You feel better?" I asked as I stood up. "Not really." He said being cheeky. I walked into the kitchen, "You two okay?" I asked Ely, and Bree. They looked a little pale. "We're fine." Ely said.