Chapter 11: Kissing in the rain

Catherine's point of view

   Dally, and I walked to the Curtis house, as he smoked on a cigarette, I didn't feel like it. My dad thought they would give you some sickness so he told me not to smoke, I did one time I didn't really like it. "You know, Your father isn't so bad." Dal said breaking the silence. "I know, It's just. I don't know." I said looking down at my feet. We walked across the straight almost getting hit by a car, "Watch it!" Dally shouted. We walked up to the Curtis house, and walked in everybody'seyes were stuck on the TV except Darry he was  in the kitchen. He waved, I waved back and smiled. "Hey love birds." Steve said making a kissy face. "Hey, Steve." I said "What brings you here?" He asked. "Bored." I shrugged. "Sounds fun" Soda said looking over. "It's a real blast." I said sarcastically. "Well we got a rumble tonight, but they said no girls." Steve said smirking. "Who said that? I oughta smash there face into the ground." I said getting mad that anybody would say that. "They said you are too dangerous." Soda said. 

   "That makes it more fun." I simply stated. "It does but, last time you sent 3 of them to the hospital." Darry said "Whatever." I said Ely just looked up at me knowing we would go watch the rumble, even if they said no girls we would still go. If Zoe was still here she would go too. Bree just turned and looked at me, we all three smirked. "What's that about?" Johnny asked. "Nothin'." All three of us said  at the same time. Now everybody turned and looked. "What are you three up to?" Darry asked "Nothin'... Currently." I added Darry shook his head. We all just laughed. All three of us walked out of the house. "How we gonna get there?" Ely asked once we got far enough away. "Where is it?" I asked "No clue." Bree said "Shit. I'll get Dal to tell me." I said winking. 

    "Wanna a cigarette?" Ely asked. "Ya give me one." Bree said. Ely handed Bree one. I wasn't a fan of cancer sticks at all. I just smoked one every now and then, I know my dad hates it but he'll think Dally was smokin' around me. We stood by a tree as they smoked. Some Socs drove by, and stopped they got out of there car. "What'da want?" I asked. "Cute, But we need to have practice for tonight." Bob said. I pulled out a switchblade Two-bit gave me to give to Dal. "Look Bob, we heard about the no girls rule, You don't want another trip to the hospital do now you little baby?" I said smirking. 

    "We did it so you sluts wouldn't distract us." Bob hissed. "Distract?" I asked confused. "Your outfits." He said pointing to my shirt. "It's distracting?" I asked. "No whats under it is." He said smirking. "That's a shame Bob, because it's all Dal's not yours." I said smirking. They all stepped a little closer, Bob grabbed me by my shirt, and kissed me, I kicked him in the knee he didn't let go of my shirt. Bob, started pulling off my shirt. "DALLY!" I shouted "He won't come." Bob hissed in my ear, his breath was horrible. I heard foot steps, as Bob tried to kiss me, I kept moving my head Bree, and Ely were pinned against the tree, I was pinned to the ground, I couldn't move not matter how hard I tried. "Stay still dammit!" Bob shouted, he got a switchblade, "Move one more time. I dare you." He said as he held it to my throat. The foot steps where getting closer. My shirt was half way undone. 

   Bob was pushed off me, when he fell he cut my throat a little, I quickly stood up, and looked down at my shirt, I being to button it up, The gang chased them away. Dally walked over to me "You okay?" He asked "Yeah, I'm fine." I said as I realized that he took my switchblade, and he ripped off 3 buttons. Bree, and Ely walked over to me. "Oh my god. Bob..." They said out of breath. "I know," I said breathing hard too. I was afraid he was gonna rape me, not that he would beat me up. "Does he know where you live?" Bree asked. "Shit, of course he does because my dad is friends with his dad." I said I punched the tree "dammit." I said under my breath. Dally walked over, and wrapped his arms around me, "He won't ever touch you again." He whispered. "If he ever comes near me again, he's gonna get it." I said "We will get him in the rumble." Dally whispered. "Where is it?" I whispered. "Can't tell you." He whispered. 

   I smirked. "Why not?" I asked He pointed to the boys. "I'll find out." I said as I began to walk to Ely, and Bree, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, I hit the tree. Dally kissed me, "Why do you want to know anyways?" He whispered in my ear. He was leaning against me. "To watch you.." I whispered. He smirked, and kissed down my neck. "Get a room!" Two-bit shouted laughing. I just smiled, as Dally's soft lips landed on mine. Dally brushed my hair behind my ear, "You're beautiful." He whispered. "You're sweet, Dal." I said smiling. He just grinned and kissed me softly, I heard a car horn honk, I looked over and my parents were there, "Any of you wanna go hiking?' My mother asked. "Nah We are fine mom." I said. My dad just gave me the look when he saw Dally leaning against me.Dally didn't seem to care, I felt my face get hot, so I looked away. 

   They drove away, and we all started walking back to the Curtis house, Dally had his hands wrapped around my waist, he walked behind me, with his head on top of my head. Soda, found it funny, "You look like you guys are attached, it just looks funny." Soda said laughing, he got Two-bit laughing. Everyone started laughing, "Bet you couldn't even put a finger between you to." Two-bit said laughing. Dally pulled me closer to him, he brought his lips to my neck, and softly kissed down to my collarbone. "The Park..." He whispered in my ear, I knew what he meant. I smiled. It started to rain, I pulled Dally's hands off me, we were awhile away from the Curtis house, I turned around and kissed him, I've always wanted to kiss in the rain, he kissed me back we stood in the rain kissing, it felt like a dream. Johnny, and Pony saw and kissed Ely, and Bree. 

   Soda, Steve, Two-bit, and Darry stood and Awed. "I love you Catherine Bridget Rose. Will you marry me?" Dally asked as he got down on one knee, he didn't have a ring or nothin' but I didn't mind. I smiled "Yes!" I shouted as I hugged him, I kissed him, I started to cry but you couldn't tell it just looked like rain. My life is becoming perfect.