Because....I'm scheming [14]

Chapter 14

Not edited, many grammatical and other mistakes....yeah.

"You're going dressed like that?" Was the first thing that came out of Jason's mouth, when I opened up my front door to let him in my house. I looked down at my black long sleeved shirt, black jeans and black combat boots in confusion. Just for fun, I'm also wearing a black beanie.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing? This is how they dress in the movies when they're about to do something dangerous and badass." I said smirking at Jason. He rolled his eyes, and stepped inside the house.

"Right. I'm just going to pretend like you're not a weirdo, but a normal human being." He looked around my house in confusion. It was silent, as usual. Except for the soft murmur of the t.v. that was on in the living room. My mom was working, and Amy, our cook, was home with her family, leaving me all alone at home. Which was a normal thing.

"Is your house always this silent?" He asked looking at me. I slowly nodded not getting the point. He looked at me for a second, making me raise an eyebrow at him.

"What? What's the problem? My mom works a lot." I said, becoming uncomfortable with his knowing stare. After a few seconds of awkward and tense silence, Jason looked away and cleared his throat.

"You do know that you could use this to your advantage and have raging parties, right?" He asked, still looking around my house. I frowned at the thought. I had too many fragile expensive stuff laying around.

"I don't know, parties usually get way out of hand. Did you just say raging parties?" I asked, looking up at Jason. His lips twitched upward, slightly, before they flattened.

"Yeah, that's what all the teenagers say these days." I rolled my eyes, as a thought came to my head. Did I actually exchange civil words with Jason without any type of mean remark or anything? I guess he came up with the same conclusion because our eyes connected.

After a few seconds we both looked away. Jason started to awkwardly rub the back of his neck, while I stared at the tiled floor. Jason cleared his throat, making my eyes snap back to his.

"Yeah....we should head out now. Reece should be at Xander's party by now, so I know we're in the clear." Jason said walking out of the front door. When he stepped out, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. That was...weird. I stepped out of my house, and made sure to lock the front door behind me.

I noticed Jason sitting in his car, typing away on his phone. I walked over and got in the passenger seat. I put on my seatbelt, and looked at Jason expectantly. He rolled his eyes, as he secured his seatbelt, making me smirk.

Then we were off. I wouldn't say that the car ride to Reece's house was awkward. It was just really uncomfortable. Mainly because Jason refused to converse with me, despite my many attempts. So, I was left staring out the window.

After a while we pulled up to a huge mansion like house. It was cream colored on the outside but the front door was a nice blue color. The rest of the street had huge houses, but nothing compared to Reece's house or mansion. There were two cars parked in front of the huge garage door. Neither of them were Reece's car.

Jason realized that he couldn't park in front of the house, and drove down the street and parked. We exited the car and sneaked up to Reece's house. Well I started to sneak towards her house while Jason looked at me like I had two heads.

I hid behind a streetlight pole and looked around for a second before tiptoeing towards the house. A second later I let out a silent scream as the house across the street's sprinklers activated. I let out a sigh of relief and continued on my journey. Jason just stood there with his arms crossed. Watching me.