Chapter 4

"I'll go with you," I said.

"Good choice Y/n. We're still going to lunch, don't worry," Clark turned on the car and started to drive away.

I pulled out my phone, but it was quickly snatched away.

"Tsk, tsk," Clark said, "Dear sweet Y/n, this is a kidnapping. Getting help won't be that easy."

"What's this?" he continued, "A text from Barba?"

B- Love you Y/n. Be careful and come back soon. The trial won't continue until the gun man is found.

He continued, "Aw. How sweet. Screwing your lawyer are you? I'll keep your secret safe with me."

He didn't tell any other lawyer? I thought they all knew.

"Why so silent? I know you Y/n. You're so sassy and smart. I'm not going to hurt you unless you hurt me. Speak!" he said.

"Why are you doing this?" I spoke.

He smacked the sterling wheel, "Dammit Y/n! You were suppose to be different. Why did you ask that? They always ask that!"

I winced, "I want to know."

He smirked, "You are still somewhat confident though. They didn't say anything after that. I like you."

"Tell me. Stop dragging this on Clark," I was trying so hard to be brave.

"I like how you say my name," he looked over at me with his grey eyes, "If you must know, I did the crime. I kidnapped those girls. You honestly think Harold the Homeless could really have pulled that off? Three times? Where the hell did he even get a camera? How could he afford to track you? No one ever asks these damn questions! Idiots!"

"You took-"

"Pictures of you," he cut me off, "Including the one of you in the shower. It's funny what a hidden camera can capture. Let me tell you, I can see why Barba loves you."

I felt the need to cover every inch of my body, "You still have not answered my question."

"Fine, fine," he rolled his eyes, "It is thrilling for me. I am insane. If you didn't know this already, shame on you! Each girl was close to one specific man, Harold Stone. Getting Harold to do it was easy. He is quite the greedy one. One thing I didn't expect was Barba. But I knew that your mind could easily be persuaded. Like right now, you are wanting to fight for Harold. He didn't kidnapped and kill those girls! I did! I'm the villain! When will you learn Y/n? Villains always win."

"You want me to walk into a restaurant with you? You want me to stay with you? Why not kill me?" I asked.

"Ah, well, you won't exactly stay with me, see, you texted that you'd get a cab back to the hospital. That's exactly what you are going to do! I have a buddy in the cab service. Yes, he drove those other girls too. He drove them to the spot where they were to be kidnapped again and then murdered by others. You are different. I'm not going to kill you, physically at least. I'm going to blow your mind. You'll live on with my voice inside that pretty little head of yours. You decide what to do then."

"I don't know what to say," I spoke softly.

"My name," he creepily said.

"No," I refused.

"You are going to be so fun to play with," he kissed my cheek.

"Eyes on the road," I turned away from him.

"Cheer up Y/n! This is better than being stuck in a boring court room, right?" he shouted.

I sighed and looked out the window.

He started to mock me, "Oh! I'm Y/n! I just want my sweet Rafi back! I love him so much."

"How'd you know I call him that?" I stupidly asked.

"Really?" he leaned over and whispered, "I know a lot of things."

We arrived to a local bar. It was the same bar that Rafi and I went to on our first date.

"Look familiar?" Clark parked the car.

"Slyvia's," I said.

"So you can read, impressive," he got out of the car.

He walked over to my side and pulled open my door. He pulled me out and brought me closer to him.

With his face only inches from mine he spoke, "Remember, no running away. I've got people everywhere."

I looked around. Different people were staring at me. I soon realize that they weren't staring at me because Clark was being aggressive, but because they wanted to make sure I wasn't aggressive. I didn't have the guts to be aggressive.

The silent lunch ticked by ever so slowly. I was so relieved when it was over. I know it sounds crazy but I'd rather be alone with Clark than be alone with everyone and Clark.

He payed for the bill and then grabbed my hand. He lead me out the door and a yellow cab drove up immediately.

"This her?" the cab driver asked.

"Yeah," Clark answered.

He smiled and waved goodbye. I then got in the cab.

"Where are we going?" I asked, "What's your name?"

"Romeo is the name, and we are going to a place called the hospital," he stated, "There some other guys will kidnap you and you'll see Clark again."

"Just what I wanted," I sassed.

"Watch it! This ride could be smooth or it can be very bumpy," Romeo threatened.

"I don't think I decide that," I replied.

"You're right, for once," Romeo snickered, "Clark likes to brag and show off with the rest of us."

I was shocked, "How many more of you are there?"

"Darling," he said in a raspy and hushed voice, "More than you'll ever know."