Just How Life Is. Chapter 13

“Skye! Skye! Over here!” Troy smiled eagerly, waving me over.

I giggled, my little legs running over to him.

“Skye why don’t you go die? Skye why don’t you go die?”

I stopped in my tracks and looked at a group of children who were looking at me, in a scary way. They continued their rhyme over and over again coming closer to me. Soon I was backed into a wall.

“Skye, why don’t you go die? No one likes you, you’re a freak.”

“Stop it!” Troy shouted, running up and blocking them from me.

“Get out of the way. You should die too,” said the leader of the group.

It started raining suddenly; I looked up into the sky and let the drops hit my face.

“Hey Skye, wanna know the real reason you daddy died? He wanted to get away from you,” smirked the leader.

Then Troy punched him in the face. The leader fell to the ground and the other children started laughing. Troy was glaring at them, and they all ran away. Then he turned around to me and hugged me. “Don’t listen to them,” he whispered.

But a dark shadow loomed up behind him; I stared at it wide eyed.

“What do you think you’re doing boy?” it uttered.

Troy stiffened, and turned around slowly.

I jumped out of my dream suddenly with a gasp and put a hand to my head. It started out as a memory, but changed. Then I realized it was really dark and my back was stiff.

“Where am I?...” I felt around with my hands, then remembered that Jared had thrown me in a closet. What the, hell?! How long have I been in here?

Agh, that dream put me even more over edge. I really didn’t want to remember that day and then the way it changed in the end. Sigh.

“Jared!” I called, but my voice was hoarse. I cleared my throat and called again, but there was no reply.

I sighed, can’t see a thing, I’m hungry, and have no sense of time. I hate you Jared.

A while later, I honestly have no clue how long, I was leaning against the door, which was suddenly opened and I fell on my back. Jared was standing over me looking at me like I was pathetic. But the brightness burned my eyes and I cringed.

“Have you learned your lesson?” he asked me while I was rubbing my eyes.

I grumbled.

He grabbed me by the arm and lifted me up so I was standing. “How long was I in there?” I asked.

“It’s 5 pm Sunday.”

I gawked at him. “Wh- what?! Almost a day you had me locked in there?!”

He smirked and walked away from me, leaving me gawking again. “Don’t think you’ll get away with this!”

He stopped and looked back at me, “Wont I?”

~*~*~*~*~*~

I slammed my locker door shut, and then rested my head against it.

“Something up?”

I looked up and saw Jake. He was looking at me questioningly. I let out a whimper and hugged him, burying my face in his chest. He seemed shocked, but hugged me back.