Back in London

Alexa’s POV

The flight was a little tiring most especially if you haven’t got enough sleep the night before. Niall woke me up after we both fell asleep in the couch. We have to go to the room to sleep. I always find it hard to fall back asleep once I got awoken from my deep slumber. The ride back to the 1D house made me more tired that as we drove back there, I fell asleep.

I woke up to see Niall lying down beside me, reading a book. I moved slowly and buried my head to his chest.

“Babe…” I whispered as I buried my head more to his chest.

“You’re already awake,” He said with a smile. He placed the book in the bedside table.

“Have we arrived?” I asked groggily. I heard him chuckle.

“Yeah. 2 hours ago,” he answered. I opened my eyes widely upon hearing his answer.

“2 hours?”

“Yeah…”

“Where I am now?” I asked.

“You’re at the 1D house, in your room,” He answered. I raised my head up and met his gaze over me.

“I thought that we we’re still in the car?” I said.

“You actually didn’t notice that I carried you all the way from the car to here in this bed,” he said. I sighed.  “Luckily, you weren’t that heavy,”

“I’m not,” I said as I yawned.

“Are you hungry?” He asked me “I could get whatever you want,”

“No, I’m not hungry. Thanks,” I answered and sat down in the bed, still feeling groggy. “Where are the boys?”

“Asleep,” He answered. “They we’re tired as you are,”

‘You didn’t go to sleep babe?” I asked.

“No. I wasn’t that sleepy anyway,” He answered with a smile. I looked around the room and saw that my bag was still in the couch. A thing stroked in my head.

“What day is it today?’ I asked.

“Wednesday,” he answered. “Anything wrong?”

“I remembered that Mrs. Denver had told me that Mum’s going to be here this week and she will also be back from Australia this week,” I said.

“Yeah right. I remember that,” He said. Then suddenly, my phone rang wildly. I immediately took my phone and saw who the caller is. It’s from my Mum.

“Who’s that babe?” Niall asked.

“Mum,” I answered right away and answered it. “Mum?” I sang.

“Kiddo!” she called out. That is her pet name to me.”How are you? I saw you on the TV!”

“You did!?” I screamed. Oh yeah. Delayed Telecast in the Philippines. She’s still in the Philippines!?

“Yes! I didn’t know that you we’re there! I thought you are in London!”

“The boys invited me to be with them Mum. So calm yourself down. I still ain’t a celebrity. Don’t get too much excited,” I said.

“I am excited! I recorded it!”

“Mum! Delete it please,” I demanded. I don’t care if Niall could hear me.

“No,” she said. I sighed. She’s a lot hardheaded than I am. “Kiddo,” she said.

“Uhm… yeah Mum?” I said.

“I can’t fly in London this week,” She said in a sad voice. I knew it.

“It’s okay Mum,” I said. “I always knew that you won’t come,”

“But I didn’t mean to,” she told me.

“I know. It’s just that your work comes up and make you not to come in here,” I said. “But there is nothing to worry, I understand and I ain’t angry,”

“I’m really sorry. I wanted to come but…” I cut my Mum short.

“Don’t worry Mum. As what I had said, it’s fine,” I said. I’m a bit disappointed actually. “You could come next time and meet the boys,”

“I was actually excited about that kiddo,” my mum said. “And still, I am looking forward for that,”

“They we’re excited as you are Mum,” I said.

“By the way, has Mrs. Denver told you about something?”

“About what Mum?”

“She’ll be staying in Australia for good,” My Mum answered and I was shocked.

“Are you serious Mum? Cause she hadn’t called me yet,”

“She hadn’t? Gosh. I’m such a huge talker,” My Mum said. “I should’ve shut my mouth off about it and let Mrs. Denver tell you,”

“It’s okay. You thought that I know about it already, don’t you?”

“Yes,”

“She didn’t call me yet,” I said. “Has she told you that she will?”

“She did,” My mum said.

“When…?”

“Two days ago,” My mum said.

“Speak up Mum,”

“Well, her daughter wants her to live with her instead. Since Mrs. Denver got so fond of her grandchild, she called me up and told me her decision that she’ll stay there for good,” she said and I let out a sigh.

“I understand Mum,” I said, “I think it’s actually time to let go of Mrs. Denver. She served us for a long time. This thing will make her happy,”

“I know Kiddo,” My Mum told me. “She said, she’ll going to fly back there as soon as she can and bid goodbye to you personally,”

“I’ll wait for her Mum,” I said sadly.

“Okay kiddo,” My Mum said. “I need to hang up now. I still have important things to do. Take Care,”

“Okay Mum,” I said and ended the call. I placed the phone beside me and sighed.

“Are you okay Babe?” Niall patted my shoulder. I touched his hand and I nodded.

“Mrs. Denver’s going to stay in Australia for good,” I said and again I sighed.

“That’s okay Babe,” Niall said as he wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in my neck. “I think she deserves to be happy,”

“I know that babe,” I said.

“And don’t worry me and the boys are just around,” Niall said and I smiled.

“Thanks Babe,” I said. “I owe you big time,”