Pain Beyond

Niall’s POV

I sat beside Alexa’s bed and my tears keep on going out of my eyes. Her situation right now was caused by me and it hurts to know that. She has oxygen mask, she had a bandage in her head, in her left hand and right foot. There is a heart monitor and tubes that are connected into her. She has some bruises in her face and in her hands.

And what is the worst thing that was added to make all things worse?

Alexa finally fell into coma.

That’s what the doctor had said when he checked Alexa awhile back. She’s been unresponsive for already 12 hours and it was declared that she is, unfortunately, in coma.

“Niall…” I heard Zayn call me behind me. I turned around and saw him standing there, with his face painted with a sad one.

“Mate,” I said, trying to paint a fake smile.

“Don’t try to paint a fake smile Niall,” he said as he patted my back. “I could see pain painted all over your face. No need to try hiding it,”

“I’m just trying to be strong for Alexa,” I said. “I can’t…” I stuttered. “I can’t believe that I had did this to her,”

“Too late to regret that Niall,” Zayn told me. “All we could do is to wish and hope she’ll wake up and recover. It’s the only thing we could do now,”

“I know, I know,” I said. “I am wishing but then, it’s hard to stay and only do wishful thinking because anything could happen,”

“I know. As they say, everything happens for a reason. So this one happened because there is really a reason,”

“Precisely,” I answered with a sigh. I looked back at Alexa who was sleeping like nothing is wrong. ‘If ever she’ll wake up, I will never ever let her go anymore. I will never hurt her anymore like this and tell her sorry for everything that I put her up to,”

“I know you wanted her back Niall,” He said. “And I’m wishing that we will not lose Alexa. She is already a huge part of your life. Mine. Harry’s, Zayn’s, Louis’. It will break our hearts,” he said and I nodded. I understand him. Then suddenly, we heard a beep inside the room and we saw Alexa, having a hard time to breathe. Zayn and I panicked.

Zayn, call the doctor now!” I exclaimed nervously and he ran outside the room.

“Alexa, please, don’t leave us,” I said and I could feel my tears falling down again. Then the doctors rushed into the room with three nurses in tow. I moved myself away when Zayn and the other lads came. We went out of the room and tears are falling down more. The tears are falling down like the showers that are British.

“Alexa…” I whispered. Harry rubbed my back as I sat down the bench. I can’t think good or right. I am scared to lose Alexa and the way I had seen her earlier is just too heartbreaking. I can’t let her go though she is suffering. That is how selfish I am. I love Alexa but then in my one wrong move, I ruined everything.

“I hope she can get through this,’ Louis whispered. I placed my hands over my head, trying to fade all those thought that we’re forming in my head.

“She could make it,” Harry said. “She is a warrior. She is Alexandra Camille Fernandez and she never gives up when she hasn’t give out a damn fight,”

I took a deep breath upon hearing what had Harry just said. I was trying to shake off from my head that I will lose Alexa, the woman I truly love.

Alexa’s POV

I woke up in a very silent place. I don’t know where I am but the silence is somehow making me feel good. I looked around and I realized that I was really somewhere that I don’t know.