The Mixtape : Side B

Note: If you cry so much when you get touched by stories, I suggest you have a toilet paper ready. (though I am not pretty sure if this is a tearjerker for you because for me, as I wrote this, I was teary eyed). This is the third to the last chapter. I hope you guys like it though it is quite long. :)

------------------------------------------

Alexa's POV

The casette clicked, a sign that the Side A of the mixtape is over. It left me out of words and my eyes are already puffy due to endless crying. The sleepiness I was feeling earlier was whisked away, leaving me more awake than ever.

I just need to breathe.

That was what my mind told me. I moved out from my bed and took my phone and a jacket from the closet and slipped on into my Vans. I slowly walked out of my room and out of the condominium, trying to not make any noise. As soon as I got out of my unit, I glanced at my phone. It is already 3:51 am. I had spent almost two hours, listening to the mixtape that got me crying and smiling all by myself.

After reaching the ground floor, I slipped my eyeglass so that it won't be sort of obvious that I just came from heavy crying. I pretended that I was checking my phone when I passed by the front desk. As soon as I got out of the building, I took a walk and went to a nearby park. Since it is Sunday and it is already 4 am, I could already see lots of people jog around the park or walking to the church for the early morning mass.

I tightened my jacket because it is very cold since December is already fast approaching. I walked around the park, trying to get my mind off from thinking about the mixtape and what Niall had just confessed there. The words he said never left my mind and it made me realize more that I am still stuck into him, that I am still in love with him.

I sat down on a brick wall that sorrounds the fountain. I stared at the sky and saw how bright the stars were. If only it is evening in London, I would know that Niall's staring at the same sky as I am.

The wind started to blow hard that made me shiver despite I was wearing a thick sweater underneath topped with a very thick jacket. If Niall's here with me, he would hug me to make me feel warm and make me feel secured.

Why does fate could be so cruel? I love you Niall but it seems thay everything that happens wanted the two of us to stay away from one another.

Give me a sign. Please give me a sign that would tell me if I should continue into listening to that mixtape or not. I wanted to see something red. Something that I've always loved.

The wind blew hard once again. The early morning breeze was making me comfortable already. I closed my eyes in hopes that when I open my eyes, I could see something red. But when i slowly did, I saw nothing but people, wearing nothing that is red. I sighed due to disappointment.

Maybe, I should not continue listening to it, I thought. Things will never be the same  as it was like before.

Sad and frustrated, I decided to return to the condominium and get some sleep. I took a deep breathe. But as soon as I got up from where I sat, a kid, around 10 years old was staring right to me. She looked to me.

"Okay ka lang po ba ate?" (Are you okay miss?) she asked. I smiled and nodded.

"Okay lang naman." (I am okay). I said. I looked to her. "Bakit ang aga mo dito? Delikado and mga bata sa mga lugar na ganito," (Why you are here so early? It's very dangerous for kids to be in places like these). I said.

She smiled to me. "Gumising po ako ng maaga para po makadalo sa misa." (I woke up early to attend mass). She replied.

"Are you lost?" I asked. She shook her hea and gave me a smile.