4: Monty

"Why am I here, Sir?" tanong ni Karylle sabay inayos yung skirt nya.

"We'll get to that, I just want to make sure that you're okay first..." pag dismiss ni Monty sa sinabi ni Karylle at binalik sa kanya ang control ng conversation. "So, how are you?"

"I'm good, Sir."

"Please call me Monty."

"Okay." Karylle said with a nod and a smile.

"You've only been with us for a few weeks and I must say, you've impressed me with your people skills, your work ethic and of course your brilliance as a lawyer. I do really see my female counterpart in you." sabi ni Monty na inayos ang upo at nag lean forward para kausapin ng seryoso si Karylle.

"T-thank you, Monty. I needed that." sincere na sabi ni Karylle.

"Anyway, I've spoken to other senior members of this firm, and we've decided to assign you to a higher position - well I mean you'd still be a senior member of this firm, think of this as a pay rise."

"What? Are you serious Monty? I've been here a few weeks! Seriously?!" tanong ni Karylle na hindi makapaniwala, but she's not gonna lie, sobrang saya nya sa narinig.

"Karylle, I'm serious." sabi ni Monty na napangiti sa reaksyon ni Karylle.

"W-what do you want me to do?" tanong ni Karylle na napakunot ang noo nung narealise nya how open for other meaning ang question nya.

"You don't have to do anything for me, Karylle." sabi ni Monty sabay smirk which made Karylle blush.

"Psh..."

"You're beautiful when you blush, you know that?"

"Monty..." sabi ni Karylle with a bit of warning in her tone.

"We'll visit that subject another time," paalala ni Monty at kumindat kay Karylle, "So, let me explain this special assignment of yours."

Monty stood up and walked towards his desk to collect a white folder in one of his drawers. He took a seat next to Karylle then handed her the white folder. He nodded his head to signal to her to open it kaya naman Karylle did what she was told.

First line pa lang nung nakasulat sa taas ng first document, nag-iba na ang mood nya. It read 'Official documents from the office of the President. Please keep confidential.'

"Monty, this is too much, I-" sabi ni Karylle habang tinuloy ang pag s-scan nya ng documents.

"No, Karylle, this isn't too much, you deserve this for all your hard work." he wrapped one arm around her shoulder and pulled her close to him.

Karylle stiffened not because of what Monty did but because of what Monty said next, "The President even requested for you."

"Right..." she said at binalik na yung mga documents sa lahat ng white folder.

"They want you to build your team and then be there on Thursday. His chief of staff will meet you, Mr Billy Crawford, and then he will explain the rest." sabi ni Monty at binawi na yung akbay nya kay Karylle.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"The palace has their own set of law representatives. Why do they need to hire from us?"

"They're not hiring from us, you and your chosen team will still be a member of the firm, think of this as a partnership. They said that they recognize our brilliance as a firm and that's why they want to partner with us." pag explain ni Monty na tinanggap na lang ni Karylle. "Do you accept the deal?"